Friday, February 21, 2014

A first Muse

A second post today, I am so excited that I am actually playing along with Muse #55, this week.  I vote almost every week at Muse; I love seeing everyone creations.  Having just gotten over the nasty ick-ness at the end of January and trying to get Valentine Cards made and ready to mail, I was not able to play in challenges much which I really want to concentrate on in 2014.


I loved Marion Vagg's card for this week's Muse.  I love the rainbows, and the die cut and especially the lay out.  I also have an unused Simon Says Stamp February Card kit sitting waiting to be dug into. 

So I jumped in and grabbed the Candy Necklace card stock by Bazzill, and made it into a top folding card. Two of the very fun patterned papers had that same teal-ish look to them.

The pattern on one patterned paper reminded me of Marion's card. I added the Simon Says Stamp Small Hello (stacked several times) die cut as well as a sentiment from their Happy Every Day Stamp set.  Some teal dots from Stampin Up and my MUSE inspired card is complete.  I really love this card, Thanks for the inspiration Marion!


Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your take on the Muse card. Very pretty!
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving some love. I am your newest follower. :)

Marion said...

An awesome card Cat. Glad my card gave you lots of inspiration. Love that hello die. Thanks for joining us this week at Muse.

Greta said...

Great card for the Muse challenge, Cat!

Barb Ghig said...

Another really beautiful card, Cat! I love the patterned papers and your 'Hello' die cut is fabulous! Such a great take on Marion's inspiration card!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love it!

Ardyth said...

Love your monochrome take on this week's Muse! Thanks so much for joining us!

Meg said...

This card is great - I love that Hello die. I have the large one, but I think I have to have the samll one too!

Jenny @ I-dream-in-paper.blogspot.co.uk said...

Beautiful subtle take on this week's Muse. Jenny

Anita in France said...

This is lovely, Cat ... gorgeous soft and gentle colours ... and a fabulous stacked hello! Anita :)

Leslie Hanna said...

This is delicious!!!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Woohoo! I was so happy and excited to see your card "SPOTTED" over at SSS today and that fun part is that I have a card there too! CONGRATS!! I was thrilled to be asked, and I'm sure you were too!