Monday, February 24, 2014

Fusion #4




I am still playing with my Simon Says Stamp February card kit. Today as hubs and I came back from lunch another was sitting against the door. I better get busy.

I loved the graphic at Fusion, and decided to play along.  I did blend the two, I loved the black rimmed aqua butterfly and the pinky background.

Two of the papers in the kit had interesting patterns that I thought would work well.

I punched two Martha Stewart butterflies from scraps of black and teal paper. I intended to layer them, but they looked a bit stark next to one another. So I slipped them through my Xyron and dipped them into some clear rock candy distress glitter. Just the look I wanted.

Some silver embossing of two stamps from the Simon Says Stamp Thinking of you set included in the card kit and my card was almost finished. I had it on a white card base, and decided to silver emboss the edges of the card base as well to tie it all together. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I printed this off but never got to it. Sigh. Yours is lovely. :)

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Just gorgeous Cat! Love the glittery butterflies!

Greta said...

This is beautiful, Cat!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you paired the patterns and the sparkle on your butterfly is gorgeous! Another beautiful card, Cat!