Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Thinking of you



I am here with another middle of the night crafting session.  I grabbed that wonderful little jar of embossing paste.  I wanted to enter a couple of challenges, Simon Monday Challenge-Paste and the Card Concept Challenge#4-Use a Floral theme.

Ever since taking the Stenciled class over at Online Card Classes, I have been in craft-love with embossing paste. I love the texture it brings to cards, I love the soft gooey feeling of it sliding over the stencil, I love adding color and embossing powder to it.  It is just plain FUN!

I gathered supplies: Simon Says Stamp set Thinking of you, Hero Arts stencil Large Lotus Pattern, Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste, Stampin Up reinkers in Daffodil Delight and Strawberry Slush, Versamark ink, Hero Arts silver and white embossing powders, and Stampendous clear chunky embossing powder, Neenah aspen white 120# cardstock, foam tape, white Darice 6 mm sequins, and a sheet of paper from the Simon Says Stamp February Card kit.


I mixed in a few drops of the two colors to create a coral colored paste which I applied sparingly to the stencil.  After removing the stencil I dumped a lot of the chunky clear embossing powder on top of the paste.  I let it dry--sort of for about 30 minutes, then I added heat to get a very thick gloss over the paste. Hard to photograph it, but it looks very glossy.  I stamped and embossed a sentiment, added the panel to my image and foam mounted them to a white card base.  I believe this is a clean and layered card.

I quite like the result.  Thanks for stopping by.

15 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh this is gorgeous and the process sounds like so much fun. I've been seeing a lot of cards lately using this technique. I really must try it after reading your post and seeing your lovely work with it. I really love the coral color you created - just beautiful.

Sian Ridley said...

Oh. Wow! This is spectacular! After reading your description I really want to touch this card, I bet ti's so tactile! It's beautiful, I love the colour and the layout and everything really! I am soooo behind on the embossing paste trend...for a change...I must catch up because you're all making some gorgeous cards with it and now I feel left out!! ;)

joy said...

Gorgeous card, Cat! You did a great job with the embossing paste.

Lin said...

Luxurious is the word for your card, Cat - love this happy color!

Ardyth said...

Love the large scale of the images on your stencil! Lovely warm colour choice, too! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Greta said...

Wowzer--this is fabulous! I need to use my stencils & paste some more--you've inspired me, Cat!

Jean said...

A fabulous card - wonderful color!

Barb Ghig said...

This is really stunning, Cat! I enlarged the photo so I could appreciate all the texture, and I have to say it's amazing! Coral is such a lovely color, too...something we don't see often enough! Really beautiful card!

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW! What a pretty card!! I adore the colors...so beautiful!!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!!

Martha said...

WOW, this is STRIKING, Cat! I love the texture & the pretty color.

Deepti said...

LOve the monochromatic look of ur beautiful card :)

Lucille K said...

This is such a pretty card, Cat. Love the color you created :)

Unknown said...

This is so pretty. What a great technique you used. I'll have to remember this and give it a try. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--you won a goodie bag at SSS for the Bog Hop! Enjoy!

Suzanne C said...

Love the coral colored paste! Fabulous background and beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!