Saturday, February 1, 2014

Card Chain Challenge-January

I am so glad that Deborah Nolan has brought back the Card Chain Challenge.  She provides several prompts - colors, sketches, topic, and embellishment; you can pick and chose which to use.  Sign up is easy using Mr Linky, and you simply send a card to the person you signed up after. Contact information is provided via email after the linking has closed.





This month I went with Friendship.  I had picked up this watercolor stamp while in California. It is from Rubbernecker Stamps.  I inked it with  Spiced Marigold distress ink, as well as Fired Brick and Peeled Paint distress markers.  Then spritzed it with water before stamping the two parts on my card front. Next I stamped the sentiment with Onyx Black Versafine ink.  To finish the card, I drew a line and some dots around the image.  The entire card face was spritzed with some Ice Glaze Radiant Rain from Luminarte and the flowers were brushed with Wink of Stella for an additional bit of glitz. The sparklies don't photograph well for me, but it looks really pretty in person.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Yes it certatinly does! I was the lucky recipient of this lovely card.

Barb Ghig said...

I enlarged the photo to see all the shimmer from the Ice Glaze, and it's just beautiful, Cat! I love how you stamped the flowers, too...the colors are so pretty and I love how you framed it out! I'm sure Janet is enjoying your lovely card!

Greta said...

This is a piece of art, Cat! Lucky Janet!

Jean said...

Beautiful combination of distress inks! And the hand-drawn line is perfect!