I am alive and well. I know its been 10 days since I last posted. I have made two cards in that time for design team challenge in the future hence no recent posting. I just have been mojo less, and completely out of desire to make cards, partly because I want to make fall cards and somehow my quirky brain balks at the thought of doing so before September. So I have enjoyed my little vacay from the craft table.
Today, I tried a technique that I have seen quite a bit of around blog land. It hails from Kathy Racoosin called print making. The instructive video is here
. I am sending this card to Seize the Birthday
and Just Us Girls
So I am not a patient person. I rarely will try a technique more than twice if I don't get results I like. I'll give this another shot with a better die choice.
This one, worked but with a tweek. I die cut my butterflies, colored them while they sat on a piece of watercolor paper, then I flipped them and pressed them into the paper. Then I let it all dry. I put the butterflies together and prepared to place them on the watercolor card base. And it was just too busy.
The print was far to pigmented, I wanted more of a hint of the butterfly. So I spritzed the watercolor card and put a towel on it to lift color. I ended up doing that twice and I loved what resulted.
I added the butterflies, (in full disclosure...that third butterfly that is only half...it landed in some black ink and had to be punished...lol...I wasn't going to die cut and color another so I made it work.!)
A few matching sequins and a few gold ones to add to the festive feel. It was all mounted on a matching card base with a clean black sentiment stamped on the watercolor piece. I am quite happy with the result! Give the technique a try.
Thanks for visiting!