Thursday, February 6, 2014

How about some NEON

I don't know why I picked up that neon pink Hero Arts ink pad when I started this card, but I love the bright happiness of the colors.



I used the Hero Arts Brushstroke stamp set to create the patterned paper. I used the squarish stamp of brushstrokes back and forth to add color to white paper. I liked the effect.  I used a Darice Falling hearts embossing folder on the front panel after stamping the hearts and sentiment.  I matted in navy blue and I really like this combination of colors. The heart stamps and sentiment are from Hero Arts LP269. The blue ink is Versafine Majestic blue.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

joy said...

Very eye-catching and I love the pink. This reminds me of an Easter outfit many moons ago - a pink suit with navy trim. I had navy shoes and purse to wear with it and a cute little pink hat. (When I was a teenager, we all dressed up for Easter church services and even wore gloves!) Yes, I'm ancient. :)

Leslie Hanna said...

Hmmm, maybe if I used the brush stroke set as a background like this, I'd actually USE it. Except for the (gah) pink, me likey your card. :)

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a beautiful card, Cat! I really love how you created your background and the stamped hearts are so pretty with your embossed panel!

Greta said...

Wow--so unique & beautiful, Cat! I love the background you created--stunning!

Martha said...

Cat, this is FUN & STRIKING! I love it!

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet card...