Sunday, February 2, 2014

Love is in the Air

Valentine's Day is going to be here very soon.  Hubs and I have a road trip planed to Loveville, MD to mail our Valentine cards out.  They have a sweet Valentine message for mail posted from this tiny out of the way postal trailer. We discovered it last year, and even sent a valentine to ourselves to see the marking.  

That means I need to have all my Valentine cards finished this week.  I have been working on them every evening. I usually make one and duplicate it for all I am sending out. This year I am making several different Valentines.  From today until Valentines I will be posting the cards. Prepare for a flood of Hearts, Flowers, Red and Pinky goodness!

I picked up this stamp last year on a road trip searching for a scrapbook store inside a mill. It was in the discount pile and looked sweet. Some minor surgery was done to insure the stamp fit on an A2 card...2 small floating balloons were removed from the stamp. It fits much better now.
Papers were from Recollections, Raspberry Jam Ink from Hero Arts, Sentiment Stampin Up, and the main image stamp from Penny Black. It was a bit plain so I added some wink of stella to the hearts.  Close-up below.
I love that bit of shine!  Thanks for stopping by, and come back tomorrow for more Valentine's.

3 comments:

Greta said...

Love Valentines so looking forward to seeing all of yours, Cat! What a neat find at that little postal trailer! Love the addition of the Wink of Stella pen to the balloons--gotta get one!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how the hearts look like balloons floating away...so pretty, Cat! Great idea to do 'surgery' on your stamp, too...I'm impressed!

Jean said...

This is fabulous! That Wink of Stella does add just the right amount of sparkle!