Monday, May 11, 2020

Dear Friend

Hello-

I'm still playing with Altenew's Darling Lily stamp.  A mistake on one card lead to a twofer and a perfect card for another challenge. 


This card goes to:
Addicted to Cas - Flowers
Stamping Sensation - Say it with Flowers

I stamped and colored the lily with copics, starting with a soft yellow center and then adding the violet around that center.  The leaves were colored and then with a purple pencil I muted the yellow a bit. I colored the stamen with a yellow red, and added the sentiment.  Then I grabbed my die to cut a scalloped edge before mounting it on a lavender card base.  Imagine my momentary shock to see I had grabbed a framing die, instead of the scalloped panel die I wanted.  I decided since I spent all that time coloring, I'd just go with it. After adding a few gems, its grown on me.


   Please grab our logo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And for the twofer:



This card goes to:
Double D Challenges - Lavenders, lilac and purples
The Flower Challenge - Monochrome

Since I had that nice white frame, I thought it might look good with a monochromatic card.  I stamped the lily and heat embossed it in white.  Then I colored it with colored pencil on just the flowers leaving the leaves as  outlines.  I am loving the way this one turned out and made up for a mistaken cut.




  
Thanks so very much for visiting.

21 comments:

Betty said...

no one would have known it was a mistake if you hadn't mentioned it, Cat - it looks just wonderful the way it is - lovely card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two lily beauties, Cat! Didn't see any boo-boos :)

Darnell said...

I'm not seeing any mistakes anywhere, but I'll take your word for it, Cat! What I can see are a Twofer of beautifully colored and framed lily cards, perfect for the challenges!! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Donna Phelan said...

What a beautiful image! Love it embossed in white! Fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Lavender, Lilac and Purple Challenge, Donna DT Member.

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is simply BEAUTIFUL! Your coloring is amazing and I love how you've showcased this beauty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Lavenders~Lilacs~Purples’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

I Card Everyone said...

Really lovely, Cat... even your plus-one! and this lovely lavender is making me crave a great big armful of Lilacs! Reality is, our trees don't even have leaves yet! What a weird season we're having...
=]

Diane said...

BOTH cards are stunning!! I love how you just kept the leaves white, beautifully done! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Viv said...

Lovely Cat - didn't see anything till you said! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

HilaryJane said...

Very well recovered from that little mistake, but you really wouldn't know if you didn't tell us. I love all the different ways you have used that lily stamp xx

TK said...

Awesome recovery because both are beautiful! I love the first with the "framing die" actually :o)

brenda said...

How very pretty and colourful, perfect for our 'Say it with Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, thanks so much for joining us again.

B x

papierelle said...

The same flower and three different cards. Amazing work!!

Macimbalo said...

Gorgeous colors and layout! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Greta said...

I'd say that was a fortunate mistake, Cat! I actually adore the look of the first card with the framing die cut! Second card is lovely, too! Often think of you & hope you're adjusting to our new normal. Hugs, Greta

Mac Mable said...

Glorious cards and what a stunning lily image x.

Jean said...

Both are fantastic. The purple really works well for the image.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I just love the white embossing on purple card stock and the intense color of the flower and bud.
Beautifully done.
Thank you for playing at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, it worked out just perfectly! Both cards are gorgeous!

Anita in France said...

And there I was thinking how lovely the purple scalloped frame was, Cat ... no idea it was an inside out panel! Both cards are delicious ... as ever, your colouring is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Jeanne H said...

Truly, two beautiful cards. Love them both as I love any shade of purple.

Sally H said...

Two really beautiful cards for our Say it with Flowers theme. love the colours! Thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month and Good Luck!