Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Well Hello

Greetings!

I am playing with Peggy again today, we are trying to get in a hour or so 3-4 times a week.  It's done a lot for my mojo for sure.   Today I grabbed another old favorite from Hero Arts, Tall Flowers.



My clean and simple design was inspired by The Card Concept (red white and blue). But for me mostly the red broken by the white stripes.

I grabbed a torn off piece of red...the back side of a bad card front, die cut it with the scalloped edges. Taped off the sides at the stitch marks, then stamped and white embossed the stamp. Next I cut the navy tag and white heat embossed it as well. I die cut a white mat piece to layer between the red panel and the navy card base.  I decided to add a bit of navy and white twine to hold my tag.  I added lastly a few bits of white gem bling.


Thanks for Visiting.

15 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A very pretty stamp, i remember that one although I didn’t own it. I like the red white and blue, it looks very summery and fun.

Mac Mable said...

Striking card and the red background against those pretty flowers looks fabulous x.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

One of my fave stamps too, Cat! Just love it white embossed on the red mat!!

Lin said...

LOVE the way this stamp looks, Cat, in silhouette. I always tried to color it, but it's a real standout treated this way - great composition with your other elements!

Tracey McNeely said...

White embossing on red is always a winner, so gorgeous! I love that you are getting crafty online with your friend it is so good for the soul!

HilaryJane said...

This card is both bold and delicate at the same time. The detail in the flowers is perfect against the bold red background. You do definitely have your mojo back, it is lovely to see xx

I Card Everyone said...

Cat, as much as I enjoyed your cards made from 'new stuff' I really love that you pulled out this old Hero Arts beauty! So cute stamped on that red panel! Patriotic, AND pretty!
=]

Kara Lynne said...

I love your long stemmed flowers, Cat! What a wonderful design in red, white, and blue!

TK said...

Bright and bold, this'll perk up anyone's day :o)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow, I love this one so much, Cat! The exceptionally pretty flowers white embossed on red looks fantastic! It's so nice to hear you're having fun and "seeing" your friend regularly.

Anita in France said...

The delicate prettiness of these lovely tall blooms is a fabulous contrast to the bold red, white and blue background, Cat! Keep enjoying those crafty get togethers! Hugs, Anita :)

Jean said...

Terrific take on the inspiration!

Greta said...

What a great red, white & blue card, Cat! Love that you used the Tall Flowers which I've completely neglected!

Julie Gearinger said...

What a great Red, White and Blue card and perfect for our challenge! So glad that you decided to play along with us at The Card Concept with this beauty :-) Hugs and we hope you can join us again soon!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh how I love that white embossing on red! Your card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!