Thursday, May 14, 2020

thinking of you often

Hello--

Today was another fun face time crafting session with Peggy.  My mood is lifting and I am more interested in cardmaking again. I think its the face time sessions and not feeling so isolated any longer.  My local crafting group and I have been meeting via messenger video chats, but only 8 of our group of 10 can participate at any one time due to the limitations.  Now there is a group chat for up to 50 so we are trying that out Friday night.  I am looking forward to it.

So today I was scrolling through blogs, and I watched Jennifer McGuires video on splitting an image for two cards. The you tube video is here.  While she used diecuts, I decided to try it with stamps.

I stamped my flowers several times from the Newton's Nook set Peony Blossoms, and colored using dark pink copic colors.  After cutting the 8.5 by 5.5  stamped and colored piece in half at the 4.25 inch mark, I decided to flip one over so that both would be on the left side of the card.  I added a bit of black to each card and a sentiment.  Then mounted the panels onto a matching card base.

I will probably try this method again...I did enjoy getting two cards from it.





These cards are going to  Just Add Ink, and Addicted to Stamps and More.

 

Thanks for visiting.

12 comments:

Cathy said...

Glad that you are able to connect with your craft buddies Cat! These are certainly difficult times. Your cards are gorgeous, looks like an interesting technique, Cathy x

papierelle said...

Both cards are so beautiful!!! We still have to wait a little until it blooms in our gardens, but your cards are a nice foretaste !!

Mac Mable said...

I am so glad your mood is lifting Cat and what beautiful and stunning cards x. Great technique and wow to the vibrancy of both fabulous cards x.

Marcia Hill said...

These are both absolutely GORGEOUS Cat...your coloring is just beautiful! And you gotta love getting two cards from one stamping!! So glad that you've been able to meet up virtually online to craft with your friends...it really does make a world of difference in lifting our moods! I've been doing ZOOM for about 5 weeks now every Tuesday night and absolutely LOVE it...it's keeping me sane! (Welllll...kinda! Haha!!) Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Hold me back! These cards are stunning, Cat!!! The design is pretty and the colors you chose... wow! I'm glad to hear you've found a way to lift your spirits. People are not meant to be isolated so much. We're social animals. We've been lucky to have neighbors we visit with on the street or driveways. It's worked out pretty well. Now Oregon is lifting in phases, not that Rich and I are going to run right out into the crowds, nosiree. We're still being cautious.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Cat, I am in love with Peonies... these deep fuchsia colored ones are among my favorite!
Absolutely gorgeous coloring, my friend...
=]

HilaryJane said...

I just love that bold colur and I am so glad your inspiration is returning, these are fantastic cards xx

Nikki Spencer said...

So bold and beautiful! I love the clean design and extra little details. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Anita in France said...

How fun to be able to get together with crafty friends virtually, Cat ... you'll inspire one another! Sure looks as though your mojo is more than intact here ... what rich, deep peonies (we have some just like them!) ... so beautifully coloured ... and fabulous against the vibrant card base! Hugs across the miles, Anita :)

Jean said...

Both are absolutely gorgeous!

Greta said...

Gorgeous coloring--wow! Love the design, too, Cat!

ColourmehappyDi said...

I love the layout and your beautiful blooms. What a lovely sentiment too. The 'often' adds a lovely extra. Thanks for playing with us at Just Add Ink.
Di