Monday, May 18, 2020

Another Birthday

Hello-

If you haven't tried video crafting with a friend I highly recommend it, even if its only for an hour or so.  For me its been tremendously helpful with the doldrums I had been having due to the stay in orders.

This card is going to the two challenges that inspired it: Tic Tac Toe  (right column punny sentiment, masculine and punched shape) and Simon's Wednesday Challenge - Animals.

My bloggy friend Leslie sent me some stamp offs of goats along with their coordinated punny sentiments.  I can't remember the illustrator I tossed the information in a fit of organizing. LOL.



The card is going to my BIL, he and his wife raise goats, so this could get a chuckle.  The image is copic colored, the sentiment is punched using a Creative Memories double punch - one for the sentiment and one for the mat.


                  


Thanks so much for visiting.

15 comments:

Betty said...

that card is terrific - love the sentiment and the goat on the cake is just too funny - love it - and looks definitely like a winner to me!!

TK said...

Great masculine card, and punny too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cat I laughed out loud at your card--so punny!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Really got a chuckle out of this one, Cat - your BIL will love it!!

Darnell said...

I mean, how perfect that Leslie had these goats and you have a BIL who raises them? That's so nice, so you didn't have to buy the set. You did a great job coloring the image, Cat, and laying the image and sediment panels aslant for extra interest!! I'd love to hear how your video craft sessions look. Do you each video chat while working on your own things or does someone lead a technique and you all work on it? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know more about how it works. Take care and keep on avoiding those doldrums ... hard to do!! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

He is darling, and funny... and I'm sure your BIL will get a chuckle, too... as long as you leave out the 'old goat' part!
=]

HilaryJane said...

Love this, goats have a reputation for being awkward so this is a perfect picture for you brother in laws birthday. Lovely colouring too xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is such a fun card - and beautifully coloured too! I'm sure your BIL will love it. I agree about your video crafting - I have been doing online classes for the first time and I can honestly say I love it! Thanks for playing along over at TicTacToe this week!

Greta said...

Oh what a perfect card for your BIL! Your coloring always amazes me, Cat!

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, it's so cute and you did an amazing job on this card, Cat! Love how you placed the image and sentiment on opposing slants. Perfect for you BIL!! The set is Art Impressions. I've only made one card with it so far, shame on me, and I love the set so much. You know how it is when you have so much NBUS, sheesh!

papierelle said...

A wonderfully funny card and I love goats !! My husband always says I am one too ... *LOL* My nickname from him is: Little goat!! ... *smile*

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM at TTT--well-deserved!

Mac Mable said...

What a fun card for your BIL and so thoughtful....always great to craft with a friend x.

Anita in France said...

Brilliant colouring of this fun, punny image, Cat ... and how perfect for your goat-raising BIL! Hugs, Anita :)

Jean said...

So much fun!