Sunday, May 24, 2020

Have a lovely day

Greetings -

This card is just a card...no online challenges.  Though one of the local crafty gals posted on Facebook in our private group a challenge of sorts.

She linked a card made by another cardmaker and tagged me saying I should try it.  I rarely CASE cards, but this was one gorgeous card.  I did not have the stamp set and I am on stamp lockdown in any case so I chose to  use Altenew's Wallpaper Art set.

First, the original card I am CASE-ing comes from Jeanne at Kampa Kreations.  Follow the link to see her card.



I watercolored the silver embossed  blooms with zig markers and lots of water on water color paper. I brought the color to the paper instead of direct marker to paper.  The blooms were fussy cut, then popped up over some sliver embossed leaves on a die cut panel. The panel die is from Pinkfresh Studios.  The panel was then adhered to a blue card base.

Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

It’s a lovely card, beautiful coloring and I love that die!

Betty said...

so pretty, Cat! that stamp set is a fave of mine and you've colored it so beautifully!

HilaryJane said...

Love the silver embossing and the shaded watercolouring, a lovely card xx

Anita in France said...

Soft and serene, Cat ... this is just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, Cat, this is utterly gorgeous! So glad you rose to the challenge. I adore everything about it, including your choice of flowers and die. I did go look at the inspiration card and left a comment there, too. Thank you so much for sharing your card and hers!

Greta said...

That is an inspiring card & your case is really gorgeous, Cat!

Jean said...

Wonderful repetition!