Friday, May 1, 2020

May Calendar

Hey there -

My May calendar page will make me smile every time I look at it.  I used a new MFT Stamp called Floral Focus.  Its and odd stamp--a single piece with several flowers and leaves.  I stamped and tried coloring it several times and was not thrilled with the outcome. 



I finally realized it looked like several separate flower sprigs. So I cut the stamp into two pieces.  One has buds and a barely opened flower...saving that for Mother's day cards.  And then this piece which I stamped on my calendar page on each side and the top and then colored with copics.  I'm pleased with the outcome. Now the whole stamp has value to me.

Thanks so much for visiting.  Stay safe, Stay well, and stay mindful during these times.

9 comments:

HilaryJane said...

It is strange when you buy something thinking it will be great and then struggle to work out how you can use it. It happens to me regularly. I am so glad you found a solution because this is lovely. You have made the page feel like May, bright and cheerful xx

Greta said...

A beautiful page with your favorite color! How great you figured out how to make the stamp work for you--so creative!

Leslie Miller said...

Wait... yellow is your favorite color, too? This turned out so pretty, it would make me smile all month. You got me curious about the stamp so I had to go look. I think cutting it apart was a good idea.

papierelle said...

Wow, this is amazing. One wishes that May passed very slowly.

Anita in France said...

Ahhh, sunny yellow blooms ... happy, cheery and full of May joy, Cat! So pleased you played with this set to find the best way of using it ... 'cause this is just lovely! Hugs across the miles ... Anita :)

TK said...

Beautiful! Lovely coloring, Cat, and your surgery proved perfect :o)

TK said...

Beautiful! Lovely coloring, Cat, and your surgery proved perfect :o)

Jean said...

A lovely May image!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous calendar page, Cat! Your yellow blooms are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!