Friday, September 11, 2020

Sympathy

 Hello-

My stash of sympathy cards is empty again. So I am making one on the fly to send out tomorrow.

I was inspired by the sketch at CAS Colours and Sketches and the colors at Color Hues a new challenge.  The card will also be visiting the Watercooler Wednesdays Challenge.




I opted to use a portrait card orientation instead for CAS Colours and Sketches.  The base was inked, the leaves die cut and inked in the same shade of green. I liked that tone on tone. The remainder of the card was inked in yellow. A bit of a thread bow was added in yellow along with the sentiment. Simple enough for a Sympathy card, but hopefully it will bring a smile.

    


Thank you all for taking the time to visit.

12 comments:

Betty said...

lovely sympathy card, Cat - sympathy cards are not my favorite to make and but good to have on hand these days

Helen F. said...

Cat, this is a lovely Sympathy card, sorry you had to deplete your stash though :-( I don't use this green and yellow color combo often enough, it's really pretty.

Nancy said...

Love the way you divided the colors of your card Cat. The string was a nice touch and both backgrounds look great together. Thanks for embracing our colors over at Color Hues and thanks for playing along!

Hannelie said...

Hi Cat!
Thank you so much for playing in our first challenge! I love the way you used the challenge colors! Simple and elegant!

Julie B said...

So sorry you had to make this sympathy card Cat but pleased that you were inspired by our latest challenge at Color Hues. They are always a difficult subject but hopefully your sunny creation will bring a smile. Hope to see you back again next time.

Greta said...

I really like that sketch & you chose the perfect elements, Cat! Really love that leaf border & done as monochromatic looks wonderful! Sorry it's needed, but I know this sympathy card will be appreciated.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm in the process of making some sympathy cards, but most of mine are much busier. I like this better and I'm going to follow your cue and do some like this. Such a simple sketch, but it works so well. Love the leaf die. Thanks, Cat!

HilaryJane said...

Love the colours and the texture you have created with your inking xx

Created by Kath said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

Anita in France said...

Soft and serene, Cat ... there's a kind of suede look to your inking, it's lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Jean said...

A nice use of the die cut to create an elegant sympathy card.

YoonYoung Kim said...

This card let me think of HOPE! Looks so peaceful and cheery. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge. :)