Tuesday, September 1, 2020

September

Hello-

My September Calendar page is completely out of control...but I am embracing it.  My inking is splotchy, and I really don't care.  Sometimes I love the brushes sometimes not.  I probably just need to use the distress oxides so that its creamy and smooth for the blending when I want lots of color saturation.  Next time...

I have a new to me Newton's Nook stamp set and I loved this image considering we had been going to the farmers markets several times last month. 


So here's to September!



Thanks for stopping.

8 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I totally cannot believe it is September already! Newton looks so cute in that basket of produce! I haven’t been to a farmers market this year. Maybe I should go.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

September already - my goodness, the summer flew!! Just love your harvest kitty, Cat! I know what you mean about embracing the splotches and these work so well with the fall theme!!

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a sweet image & a fab idea to create a calendar page x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Mac Mable said...

I so love the unpredictability of brusho's and I am loving this calendar page Cat x.

Leslie Miller said...

It's funny how you said it's out of control when I just think it's so cute and I love the colors. Looks like you meant the background to look like that. I mostly love the brushes, but my backgrounds definitely do not always come out as intended.

Greta said...

Pretty colors & such a cute image! The DO's do blend easier for me or I need to use Bristol paper when I'm going for deeper colors. Just got brushes (cheap from Amazon) to use just with DO inks. I say you should call this textured--not out of control!

Anita in France said...

The background blending looks all texture-y to me, Cat ... perfect with that sweet harvest-y type Newton image ... yum! Hugs, Anita :)

Helen F. said...

Love the splotchy background, Cat. I totally thought it was intentional and want to try it! This Newton image is just darling as a header for your September calendar :-)