Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Hello Fall

Hi there!

Happy September.  Oh I love this time of year.  It's the first day in quite a while that I have opened the window in my crafty space.  I have enjoyed it tremendously.  The sweet gum tree outside my window had two leaf triplets that have already turned yellow, the rest of the tree is still all green.

Today I made some cards for fall.  This one is using a technique I read about at Tracey McNeely's blog called swinking.  I checked out a couple of videos on youtube and had a bit of fun.

This one is visiting the gallery at Casology.



I very randomly picked out 6 mini ink cubes and dragged then across a card front.  I added the leafy die cut (penny black I think) atop the colors.  I think it's a good "fall starter" card.  Not quite the vibrant colors of fall but definitely going in that direction. The sentiment comes from an old Simon Says set.

Thanks so much for visiting.

15 comments:

Betty said...

saw Kristina do this also - didn't know it was called swinking - anyway looks like a fun technique and your go at it is wonderful!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, I love this SOOOOO much! The colors are pretty, the die cut border and the sentiment are great. I don't have mini- ink cubes but I need to try something similar.

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Oh funny, I just saw a video with Laurel Beard singing and joking about Swinking! Your card is adorable! I love it. Gotta try it now...

Barb Ghig said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun with this 'swinking' technique...I love your choice of fall colors and the leaves are perfect! Lovely CAS card, Cat!

Darnell said...

You did a great job with swinking your gorgeous fall inks, Cat! I told Tracey it sounds like one of my made-up words! It's a very clever way to say swiping with ink and I have it on my list to try. Thank you for the great inspiration ... perfect take on the CASology prompt, too! Hugs, Darnell

papierelle said...

Love the design of the background. Beautiful autumn card!!

Mac Mable said...

Glorious combination of colours and those pretty white leaves show up wonderfully against them x.

HilaryJane said...

This is brilliant Cat, I am so glad you are back in your craft room. i watched a video using this technique recently but haven't tried it yet. I love those colours and the leaf die xx

Jean said...

Very fun take on the technique! Great color choices.

TK said...

Swinking?! Great technique here, and the fun colors too

Greta said...

I was just thinking of using inks that way again, but haven't heard it called swinking! This is one of my favorite cards, Cat--love it!

Anita in France said...

I love this, Cat ... it's fresh, clean and so full of interest! Way to go on the swinking ... it looks fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Cat your swinking turned out so fabulous!! I love the colours you chose and the leaves along the edge are so perfect!

Helen F. said...

Ohhh how lovely your Autumn ink colors look 'swinked' (it that a word?) across the side of your card under the white leaves. Love it!

Nancy said...

Your card totally caught my eye.... I love the colours you chose! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!