Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Birthdays

Hi,

Another card today.  This time I'm playing along with MFT's Color Challenge.



I chose the Happy Birthday Candles die from MFT.  I pulled a piece of white card and inked the bottom in a blue/purple shade and a good orange above.  It wasn't exact but I liked that some of the candles got a bit of orange.  To make them a touch glossy the inked card was clear embossed.

When time came to put the candles on a card panel, I left the pieces in the die and added liquid glue to the backs, set the die down on the panel and used my bone folder to press them to the panel.  This kept the fab spacing from the die.  I added a bit of foam tape to every other candle flame just to add a bit of interest to the card.  The sentiment was stamped and clear embossed on a pale gray bit of card and cut with the slant sentiment dies.



Thanks so much for stopping by.

14 comments:

Betty said...

very cute - those candles have been rather popular lately:-)

Crafting with Jeanne said...

You beat me to it this week! I have the colors on my desk, but didn't get around to it yet!! Nice card, Cat.

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, that's a great idea for getting the candles on the card and all spaced perfectly! I dearly love the simplicity of the look, although I know it must have taken a little bit of time to make it. I'm so glad you feel like being in your crafty space again, and also glad it's cooled off a bit.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling card, Cat, and I love your tip about using the die as a spacer!!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh man, this is so cute! LOve that little glow on the candles, Cat!
=]

TK said...

Fun card, love the execution of this one!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love the crisp look you got by applying the die cuts like that. I think it looks great!

Greta said...

Always debate about getting the MFT candles & now seeing both you & Betty use them makes me wish I had! Such a great card, Cat!

Mac Mable said...

Great spacing of the candles, love how you designed this happy card Cat x.

Jean said...

A fantastic card for the challenge!

Anita in France said...

Wonderfully crisp and graphic, Cat ... the dimension on the alternate flames makes them look as though they're lit and glimmering in the light! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

So perfect and perfectly blended Cat, I love this one so much!

HilaryJane said...

I love the ink blending on those candles and what a good idea to leave the candles in the die to help with spacing. I am sure if I tried to that it would be the one time that all the pieces fell out of the die with out any help from me! Love the simplicity xx

Helen F. said...

Super cute idea, Cat. This color combo is not an easy one to put together, but you did it! Your card is fabulous :-)