Monday, September 21, 2020

Thank You

 Hello -

I started the Jack Reacher series of books by Lee Child mid August.  There are 24 in the series plus a handful of short story/stand beside books.  I'm on book #17.  I stay awake all night reading. I cannot put the books down.  I am going to take a break after this one.   There are only 7 more and I need to not blow through them.  I'll be sad once they are over.   Besides, I have loads of cards to be made! :-)





I made a matching envelope, something I rarely do. But I a left over piece of the patterned paper and why not?

This card's design was inspired by two challenges: Case this Sketch and Tic Tac Toe Challenge. I used the lower left diagonal on the tic tac toe challenge.

 

The stamp set is from Stampin Up - Love what you do; the die I used is from Penny Black- Elegant Stitching, the patterned paper is also from Stampin Up - Tis the Season.

Thanks much for visiting!



16 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful card with the bright red flowers, Cat! Love the frame too!! I used to read the Jack Reacher series with my brother-in-law but after he passed away I lost interest. Maybe will take another look :) Enjoy!

Lisa Elton said...

All night... whoa, they must be good! Love the bright red on your card, so pretty Cat!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the red, and your big bouquet of these darling poppies, Cat. Thanks for delivering them to CTS!
=]

HilaryJane said...

I think you just answered my question re the books. Glad you are enjoying them, there are always mixed feelings when you get to the end of something you really enjoyed. Love this card, the gorgeous bold red and that background paper are stunning xx

Betty said...

wonderful card, Cat - and the bg is perfect for those red poppies.

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Cat. I will have to check out that die because I love to layer my card panels. Not familiar with the series you are reading. Going to look it up. I am mostly reading/listening to nonfiction these days. Take care.

Stef Perry said...

Gorgeous poppies Cat! Love the classic red and black color combo and the vellum wrap for the sentiment. So glad you shared with us at the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week!

TK said...

Beautiful! Love the bold reds, Cat

Leslie Miller said...

Holy cow, 24? And you're on 17? I know you said you were reading them... wow, they must REALLY be good! I might have to look into them. In the meantime, your card is extra pretty, especially with the matching envelope. You know I love patterned paper and flowers!

Jean said...

Terrific take on the challenges!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

this is a perfect card! I love everything about it!

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

Cat, great take on this weeks board elements.. I love the pattern paper and perfect with those cute flowers. It's always a please seeing your designs in the gallery over at Tic Tac Toe challenge this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful red flowers and I love the matching envelope!

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful card and matching envelope Cat and so very pretty x. Well done you with your reading x.

Anita in France said...

So fun to find books to be completely immersed in, Cat ... enjoy every page turn! Gorgeous poppies ... the delicacy of the vellum sentiment strip is perfect with these bold yet dainty lovelies! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Absolutely love that pp & the flowers are gorgeous, as is your card, Cat!