Thursday, September 10, 2020

Leaves

 Hi again -

One of the things that needed doing was organizing all my stamp off and die cuts friends have sent. I have stuff that is years old and it was in 4 different containers in three different places.  That mess has been resolved.  One bin, dividers for die cut pieces, panels, stamped images, words, embossed panels and duplicates which I will likely share with others.  Sometimes it's nice to get a little surprise with a card. I do not necessarily remember who all gave me the items, but the ones I do recall I will mention.





These fabulous leaves came to me from Betty.  I colored the whole leaf with distress oxide ink and placed the die cut veins over it. 

I'll be submitting this to Freshly Made Sketches. Their sketch is below.


Thanks so very much for visiting.


9 comments:

Betty said...

I just organized all my die cuts from you and others too - now to make use of them (already made cards with the birthday candles from you!) great card with those autumn leaves.

Helen F. said...

Pretty Fall inspiration here, Cat!
I'm constantly trying to Organize and Re-organize my collections of stamps/dies/papers/inks/markers...it seems never ending, but I love hearing how crafters make improvements in their Craft Space for more efficient and pleasant time spent on projects.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

LOL - I thought I was doing good using some stuff from my bins. Well done on organizing them, Cat!! Fun leaves from Betty and I love how you've used them!!

Greta said...

Good for you with the organizing. I get a bit done & then months go by & you can't even tell I did anything. Oh well--that's just me. Love these leaves & they're perfect for that sketch, Cat!

Leslie Miller said...

I somehow missed this post, sorry. I love hearing about your organizing as it's one of my favorite things to do. Don't know how many times I've organized these things, but they're currently all in a drawer right now. Nice fall card, Cat! I really like the font of the sentiment.

HilaryJane said...

Great take on the sketch, I know exactly what you mean about organising things and then remembering who gave you what xx

Anita in France said...

Rich and wonderfully autumnal, Cat! How fun to have all your gifted goodies organised ... so much easier to dip in and use (not that I do at the moment!). Hugs, Anita :)

Kim S said...

I actually enjoy organizing - it's amazing how many things I see that I had forgotten all about! It's great that you are using these items - and so lovely that you give a shout-out to the person who gave them to you! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jean said...

Terrific use of the sketch!