Today I dug out a jar of gesso. Hubs wrestled with it to get the lid off the jar. Its an old jar. Fortunately it was still wet and of a spreading consistency.
This card is inspired by CAS Mix it UP challenge. I am often learning a new technique with that challenge, and that is what calls me to the challenge. I chose a Hero Arts background stamp and applied the gesso. I then laid a panel on it to lift the pattern of the gesso. It was messy and I immediately went to wash off the rubber stamp and my paint brush.
After it dried, I added three shades of distress inks. Then I wiped off the panel with a damp rag. I was not fond of the panel once it dried so I decided to die cut some flowers from it. I used a layering die from Altenew. I also added a layer of polka dotted paper to the layers.
The flower is so heavy with pattern and color, I decided to lighten up the card with a pale corner stamping of an envelope liner patters, added white die cut leaves and a simple sentiment. I used the gesso resist, stamping, and diecuts.
I dislike tossing a project once started. This one took a lot of effort as it was so far out of my comfort zone. I am satisfied with the end result.
Thanks for visiting.