Saturday, June 8, 2019

A variety

Hello -

While I am doing the laundry, I thought I'd take the time to play in some challenges.  Seems like its been more than a while since I sat down to play.  I still have several birthday cards to make to finish out my year.

I have my challenges in order by closing dates, so that is how I'll list them here.

Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown gave me inspiration for this card on cream cardstock.



I used embossing folders and dies on this card and just a bit of a sentiment. But I debate about that sentiment...yes no yes no well...finally decided to put it on.  I cut it all out of the same cream cardstock colored with copic markers in shades of teal and coral. My matt is navy.  A friend sent me the flower embossed panel...and forgive me I cannot remember who it was. Yikes! But thank you! I had tried the top cream panel as a flat panel but it just needed something, so I was thrilled to try out the corrugated embossing folder by SU. Its been here a bit but untried. I love the dimension it gives.
 




CAS Colors and Sketches has a color challenge, Watercooler Wednesday has a feminine anything goes challenge and Addicted to Stamps and More has a CAS challenge. 



Altenew Daisies were stamped in several shades of pink and aqua with several shades of yellow centers.  After die cutting they were mounted to a pale pink card base and a CTMH sentiment was added. A few bling bits and the card is finished.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit.

15 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty - both of them - hope you got the laundry done today too:-)

karen h said...

Thanks for sharing your work with us at CC&S! Your card is very pretty!

HilaryJane said...

I really like that first card, such a good interpretation on the sketch. It is a lovely mix of embossing and die cutting and the colours work really well together. Love the way the black makes it pop xx

Karren said...

Beautiful cards! The subtle embossing on the cream card adds so much interest without detracting from the gorgeous flower. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Michelle W said...

Two beautiful cards Cat, I love those daisies! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

I Card Everyone said...

I love the French Vanilla color of that beautifully embossed cream panel … and I spy another fave SU folder here, too!
Two gorgeous cards on a rainy day? Yes, thank you, Cat!
=]

Izzy Scrap said...

Two fabulous cards ! Love those gorgeous daisies, so vibrant with their yellow centers ! And beautiful design using this lovely and soft pink card base. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Wanda Cullen said...

Absolutely gorgeous take on the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

Wei said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Patricia Hays said...

The daisies are very pretty against the pale pink background. Thanks for sharing your card at CC&S!

Karen Brown said...

What pretty daisies! I love the colors you chose and the beautiful texture of your background. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Greta said...

These are lovely, Cat! I'm especially drawn to the first card with that gorgeous layered die cut flower! That's one of my favorite embossing folders, so maybe I sent it. At any rate, I'm sure glad you used it here!

Barb Ghig said...

Talk about 'making it work'...you really nailed it with these gorgeous cards and how you worked them into so many challenges! Your single rose is so elegant and I LOVE your trio of Daisies! Way to go, Cat!!!

Anita in France said...

A duo of lovely florals, Cat ... these are both so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

Both cards are fabulous, and I agree that the corrugated ef really added a lot of interest! Well done!