Monday, June 3, 2019

Happy Graduation

Hello~

I have a card for Watercooler Challenge - Anything Goes, and CAS Mix UP - Ombre this afternoon.

I've  made several traditional graduation cards with the cap, but decided on something a bit softer and festive for this graduation card. 



I used markers to add ombre coloring to die cut streamers. The die cut cover-plate was adhered over a mint card base. The sentiment was added to a piece of colored card stock that matched the middle color of the ombre via white heat embossing.  I know its a stretch for a CAS piece, but maybe not too much.

  

Thanks so much for stopping by.

11 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I really like this!!!

Betty said...

definitely festive ans so pretty - love how you worked the ombre into it!

TK said...

Great idea - your streamers make a perfect Grad card! Love the ombre teals too! I can't say that I've ever seen confetti dies quite like those..

Karen Dunbrook said...

fun card, such pretty colour.
:) Karen

I Card Everyone said...

Plenty CAS in my view, Cat... and so fun! I'm not sure how you got ombre from a marker... did you buy a Chameleon set? LOve the cover plate!
=]

HilaryJane said...

I love the colour of this. Strangely I have never thought of using markers on coloured card stock to create this type of effect. Great idea and it works really well xx

Mac Mable said...

Now that is spooky....I popped in to take a look, as I have seen your friendly and kind comments around blog land today and here is your fabulous card for The CAS Mix Up Challenge..... x What a pretty card and a fabulous and fun way to do the ombre effect. Great design and certainly looks CAS to me....Loving the streamers and your card is so perfect for a graduation card and so perfect for the challenge....Thank you for joining in x

Greta said...

Super fun & festive!

Anita in France said...

Those soft, minty, ombré colours are fabulous, Cat ... IMHO this is deliciously CAS ... there's so much open white space between the streamers! Hugs, Anita :)

Bonnie said...

Love these ombre streamers, Cat! What a great idea for a graduation card! I could have used these for my grandson's 8th grade graduation where a cap and gown aren't quite right. Think I need to go shopping! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Jo said...

I like this version of a GRAD card. The ombre streamers work for me and I love the monochromatic theme. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx