Saturday, June 22, 2019

Catching Up

Hello!

Hubs and I just returned from a visit to Ohio for a graduation party and Father's Day.  Our drive out was longer than expected with traffic and downpours but we made it in just before midnight.  We spend a lovely week catching up with family and attending the functions we came to attend.   I saw my first fox in the wild, a cute little red one.  The sweet kitty we first met last summer has matured and had kittens in tow this visit.  I have a little collage photo I'll share at the end of my post.  I do some of my best sleeping in Ohio.  My nose is right under an open window and its nice and cool at night.  Our drive home was easy, the views were fantastic - light fluffy clouds on a blue sky and green everywhere.

After, catching up on blogs this morning, its time for the laundry; while it spins...I get to make some cards.  I have quite a few challenges to catch up on  in just a day or two.


I missed the last Twofer challenge, so that was one I wanted to be sure to enter before the 24th when it closes.
The little bees are my common element on each card.  One set was stamped on vellum and the other on the white card base.

I'm adding this one to Seize the Birthday.  Since I do have some of the card base showing through no toppings on this one.

I liked the simplicity of leaving the smaller bees black and white and just adding color to the larger one.  This one is buzzing by  Addicted to Stamps and More, Time Out Challenge, and Simon's Work it Wednesday.


 



And here is my little collage from our week away.



Thanks always for visiting and taking the time to comment.






17 comments:

Loll said...

Sure didn't take you long to get back in the swing of things, Cat! Two fantastic bee cards. That hive is adorable with the bees working away. Great honeycomb background combining the two colours on bees! :) Your second card is so fun. Great idea to leave the little bees in black and white and just colouring the large one. Perfect sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

Darnell said...

I'm glad you had a safe trip and a wonderful visit, Cat! Thanks for sharing the collage of highlights! I'm delighted that you jumped right into the Twofer challenge on your return and I love the two designs you created with your sweet bees in both white and vellum! In your first card it does look like the bees are spreading the gossi, er, news around town! And what a great hive your vellumptuous bees call home, surrounded by a beautiful gold and black honeycomb! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #17! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Glad the trip home was easier! You even got a picture of the fox--that's impressive! Both your bee cards are just fabulous, Cat--can't pick a favorite!

Gerrina said...

Your CAS-bee card looks great; love the beautiful design; looks like a card that can be published and sold! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! These two cards are beautiful ! Love both of them and especially the white one ! Two winners for me. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

I Card Everyone said...

I know there are two BEE-lightful cards here, Cat... but my heart [and mind] is lost to that darling little gray kitty - did you bring him home?
Seriously cute cards, my friend - love those bee-lines included in this set!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

Pretty cards Cat! Love the little photo collage you did as well, welcome back.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love both your cards -- the simplicity of one and the warmth and honeycomb pattern of the other. And that cute little hive! Great idea on your CAS card to have the bees buzzing in black and white in the background and the larger bee in color. I always love a punny sentiment with cute stamps like this. Your trip sounds wonderful. I'm eager to get out of town for a while. Soon. I'm glad you returned in time to join us at Twofer!

HilaryJane said...

2 very good cards, as always, love the colouring of the bees xx

Jean said...

Yay for a family vacation!
Both cards are terrific.

Arlene said...

Totally fun cards!

Joyce said...

Wow, two fantastic cards with the same stamps. Yet the cards are totally different, such a creative take. Love your funny and punny card that you entered at Time Out. Thanks so much for playing along.

Anita in France said...

Two scrumptious designs, Cat! The warmth, texture and dimension you created for those little vellum bees buzzing around the hive is fabulous! That fun line art background is a delight ... love the big bee flying against it ... perfect with the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer and at Time Out ... and for sharing those wonderful photographs (that little kitten is especially adorable)! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

Two great cards, and now that I've finally posted my card I realize that we had the same idea -- pop of color on the b&w background! Your cards are fantastic though!

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous cards, Cat! I love how you played with these bees and how both bards are so unique! Fabulous honeycomb pattern with the black background, too :)

Barb Ghig said...

Ooops! I meant to say...I'm so glad you had a safe trip and that your back in your craft room sharing all this amazing eye candy with us! Great photos from your trip, too!

Glenda J said...

You covered the card really well so it definitely counts! What a fun and fabulous card. Love how you created the honey comb. Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday. Glad you had a great trip.