Friday, January 25, 2019

Play Time

Hi There -

Its been a week of work for hubs and today I finally get to play!  I need lots of birthday cards.  My Stash is empty save for the one end of January card that will be mailed Monday.


I'll be entering this card to four challenges - MFT Sketch Challenge, Color Throwdown, Seize the Birthday, (no toppings) and Casology.   Looking at all these challenges a more masculine card came to mind, though I use polka dots and a scripty sentimnet. 



I'm considering that big scripty sentiment my circular element for MFT Sketches.  The stamp set is SMile from MFT. My inks is Hero Arts Navy. 

What do you think? Did I pull off a masculine feel, despite the polka dots and scripty sentiment?

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jSUEXQhfVIQ/XEcU51gMxtI/AAAAAAAAFf4/7h6AbquIED4rpuCou0qIIMLJtnSFyAp2QCLcBGAs/s1600/MFT_WSC_421.jpg   

      

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Lori said...

I think polka dots work on most any card, masculine or feminine! This is a great birthday design. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Yes! This is a great masculine card! I really like the color of the card base with the polka dot. Really cool.

Darnell said...

Totally a guy card, Cat! The charcoal and black along with the outdoor green keeps it all feeling organic ~ and you can't help but smile!! Hugs, Darnell

Ashwini Rao said...

Agree with Lori - polka dots go with any kind of card, don't they! Love how you've kept the card so CAS, and the message big and beautiful! Than you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

HilaryJane said...

You have nailed it again Cat. I particularly like the green dotty strip with the black edges, it finishes the card beautifully xx

I Card Everyone said...

Masculine simplicity, and simply wonderful... the dots!!! Really wonderful, Cat. I think this would make any guy smile, big time...xx
=]

Joyce said...

You really nailed this fabulous masculine card. Love your big script smile. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Helen F. said...

Your card is sure to bring a 'smile' to the male recipient receiving it, Cat! Always feel the CAS designs lean toward the masculine side~ in my humble opinion :-)

Greta said...

I say yes--the color combo makes it OK for a guy! Love that script font!

Barb Ghig said...

You did such a great job combining challenges, Cat! I love your masculine design and colors so much...Awesome card!

TK said...

Perfectly masculine look to me! Love the card - such a great, classic look!

karen h said...

Wonderful card. Love the strip of polka dots. Thank you for joining us at CASology!

Jen W. said...

A perfect masculine card, Cat! I love that the happy sentiment takes centre stage. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Anita in France said...

Yep, definitely a masculine look, Cat ... and it's fabulous ... so stylish in this colour combo! Hugs, Anita :)

Jean said...

Definitely masculine - nice design and color choices!

Dotty Jo said...

Yep, it's a masculine stunner, Cat! Jo x