Friday, January 25, 2019

More for the Stash

Hello There-

I'm on a roll with stock piling Christmas cards for 2019.  This one makes #17.  Almost 1/3 of my way done.  I'm capping my handmade Christmas cards at 60 each year.  Two years ago I made over 100 and it was just too much.  So those of you (and I know of a few) who make them in the 100's and mail them---I am in awe.

This weekend is the last time to get those 50 cent forever stamps in the US, the postage rate changes for one ounce letters from 50 cents to 55 cents on Sunday the 27th.  I purchased a years worth of stamps a few weeks back so I am set for the year hopefully.

For inspiration,  I looked to three challenges - Christmas Kickstart -Bundled up,  Fusion-Penguin Love and for the design Case this sketch.






The background was brushed on with distress inks in Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood and Stormy Sky.  The stamps are from Clearly Besotted, and were colored with Copics.



Thanks so much for stopping by.







10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, Cat, this is darling! Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Betty said...

darling little penguins - and thx for the tip on the stamps - didn't know about the postage rate going up!

Cathy said...

Sweet card Cat, great take on the sketch and photo. Cathy x

Jen Mitchell said...

I wish I was anywhere near 1/3 done with my Christmas card stash! Go you! And what a cute card! Singing penguins are the best! Thanks for joining us at Fusion and CAS(E) This Sketch.

Darnell said...

Your trio of penguins is just adorable, Cat! Great design and coloring! Good job getting so many Christmas cards done already for 2019 and thank you for saving me buckets of money with your announcement about the price increase! I watch the news morning and night and have not heard a word about this; I just hope they aren't all sold out. And what's the deal with an increase of five whole cents at a time?! I feel so sorry for the elderly on a tight budget. Hugs, Darnell

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wow, you are doing awesome on your cards! These are such cute penguins! I think I made 55 cards last year. It took planning ahead but it didn’t feel like too much. I guess I would have to make multiples of some very simple ones if I made many more. Have a good weekend!

Helen F. said...

Great kick start to your 2019 stock of Christmas cards, Cat! This cute trio will brighten someone's day!!

Greta said...

Oh bummer--missed that postage was again going up! Do they not want us to mail the cards we make?! Your penguins are just adorable--love how you colored them!

Barb Ghig said...

You sure are on a roll, Cat! These little penguins are so cute and I love how you colored them! Awesome background, too!

Anita in France said...

What a cute trio, Cat ... so fun in their sweet snowy scene! Hugs, Anita :)