Thursday, January 3, 2019

Another Go

Hi there -

When I saw that the Inspired by Challenge was called Mr. Snowman, I decided to have another go at this Penny Black stamp that has burrowed itself into my head.

This stamp includes all three images on a single woodblock and is meant to be stamped as a landscape layout, you can see it in its intended format here.

I used some masking and stamped the three images with enough space between to be able to cut them apart on a white bristol panel. It was colored with Arteza Markers and I used an Avery Elle stitched square to cut them out.  I had to make an adjustment on the cuts to get them to sit properly so they are not even, but I think that adds some sense of movement.

I used a gray cardbase and stamped it with an older Hero Arts snowflake stamp for a bit of background.







Thanks much for stopping by.

8 comments:

Betty said...

darling card, Cat!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so cute! I love the stamp (I need to look up how it would look all on one block, must be a big stamp!) and the grey card with the light stamping for the background. Very fun winter card! I am a fan of snowman stamps and am starting to get a collection of them.

Georgiana said...

What fun images of the snowman and that cute pup.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Cat, love your layout and great idea to use the images separately, love the fun sentiment too, could use a bit of cool over here at the moment lol! Cathy x

Anita in France said...

Love how you're using these delightful snowmen in so many different ways, Cat ... they're fabulous in their own little scenes ... great colouring and cool (tee hee!) background! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

That pup is quickly becoming my favorite fur-ball, Cat! Even though you KNOW I'm a cat person!
Thanks so much for adding big smiles to our IB gallery this week! I love your comic-strip style design - reminds me of Calvin & Hobbes!
=]

Greta said...

So clever & cute, Cat! I love the background & your layout!

Laurel said...

This is super cute! I love how you have used those snowmen! Thanks for playing at IB!