Thursday, September 13, 2018

Layering Leaves

Hello~

I have two cards for three challenges today.  I am using sentiments from MFT and a leaf die from Concord and 9th.  I started by putting down distress oxide inks in Candied Apple, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade on to a sheet of Neenah solar white.

After cutting several leaves, I prepared two card panels, one squared sized with a pierced background from Altenew. Then I made a 7 petaled flower by arranged 4 1/2 leaves with their points in the center of a circle. I added a white heat embossed sentiment over the flower.

For the second card I sponged some Candied Apple in a banner across the card front. I added score lines above and below it. I adhered three of the lighter multi-colored leaves over the inked portion.
A small sentiment was heat embossed over the inked panel.

These cards were inspired by three challenges - Twofer Challenge - Leaves City Crafter Challenge - Autumn Colors; and a sketch challenge from AAA Cards.


For the Twofer Challenge :




For AAA Cards:


For City Crafter Challenge:



 
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

very pretty set of cards. Thank you for playing at AAA cards

Betty said...

you nailed it for all three challenges, Cat - love how you made a flower out of the leaves!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely cards, such a modern look. I like the new look of your blog too! The new font is so easy to read.

Lucille K said...

Nice Autumn colors, Cat. You definitely created beauties for the challenges. Thanks for joining us at City Crafter :)

Greta said...

Cool new header--love it, Cat! Your cards are both gorgeous & the flower made from leaves is so creative! Wonderful challenge entries!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are so wonderful. I love the leaf design you used for both of them.

Anita in France said...

The bold red really shows those yummy variegated leaves off beautifully, Cat! Clever use of the same die cuts for your bold yet delicate bloom ... it's fabulous against the pretty, texture-y background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Happy Dance said...

Those leaves are just fantastic, Cat! You've really stretched that leaf die in your first card - making it into a flower is a great idea. Love how that pierced background mimics the curves in your leaves too. Your second card is bold, bright, yet wonderfully CAS. Those score lines just emphasize your focal point perfectly. Thanks for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

I Card Everyone said...

I've not heard of a 'seven flower' Cat... but if it looks like this, I'm on board! Wonderful cards, using one of my favorite leaves!
=]

Jeanne H said...

Wow, Cat. What a wonderful twofer. I do so admire your work!

Misty Elam said...

Both gorgeous cards. I love the leaves arranged in a circle like that with an awesome embossed background. I don't think I've seen an embossing folder like that before... And I really love the 2nd card. I love the colors and I love that design with the strip of color across the top. That's a great layout. You rock the CAS.

Brenda said...

Two fabulous twofer cards! I love the leaf you used, how fun that it is heart shaped. It makes a beautiful fall leaf but also a beautiful flower. A clever way to use this leaf! Both cards are just beautiful. Hugs, Brenda

Jane said...

How beautiful are both cards. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Darnell said...

That is such a cool leaf die! I love how you cut it from your beautiful blended colors and used some on your warm and toasty panel set off by your score lines and used others to make a gorgeous flower! Clever girl! (It would be useful for Valentine cards, too!) Your flower is stunning against that beautiful embossed background! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #9! Hugs, Darnell

Barb Ghig said...

A+ for all 3 challenges, Cat! I love your choice of leaves and your autumn color palette is gorgeous!

HilaryJane said...

I love the way you have created a flower with the leaf, perfect xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two wonderful cards, Cat! Just love the flower you created for card one and the leafy trio for card two!! Gorgeous colors!!