Saturday, September 8, 2018

Just Add Ink 425

Hi there,

Another card from a late night/early morning crafting session.  When I saw the inspiration photo over at Just Add Ink, I had to play along.  This challenge is fairly new to me - this might be just my second time playing along.



I decided to use my Hero Arts Rose Stem, heat embossed and colored with Arteza markers.  I used a peachy shade and a pinky shade. I colored the petals ping at the very bottom and peach at the outer ends of the petals.  Then I dropped clear water in the middle and encouraged the colors to play. I love the glow it gives the rose.

I was inspired by the gorgeous peonies and I added a white on white die cut, as a nod to the picket fence in the inspiration photo, for my rose to rest upon.



Thanks so much for stopping by.


8 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty, Cat - the background you created is perfect for that beautifully colored rose - looks like a winner to me!!

I Card Everyone said...

That pink/peach combo does make your pretty rose glow, Cat! Very pretty... xx
=]

Greta said...

Love the color combo for the rose & now I know something else to do with those neat PTI die cuts you sent me!

Anita in France said...

The background trellis is such a sweet spot for your glowing bloom to rest on, Cat ... what a lovely take on the inspiration! Hugs, Anita :)

Nikki Spencer said...

So pretty! Your soft colours and layers combined are a lovely take on this weeks Just Add Ink challenge. Thanks for sharing.

Chantell Randall said...

Lovely classical card, very pretty. Such a sweet sentiment. Chantell Just Add Ink

Heather T said...

Very pretty colouring; I've heard good things about those arteza markers

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful color palette on your flower and leaves, Cat! I also love how you layered the white-on-white trellis for the background! Such a stunning card!