Saturday, September 22, 2018

Christmas is comimg

Hi There!

And probably faster than I'll be ready for it.  I'm playing along with CAS Christmas Card Challenge where the September prompt is Wreath.



I recently purchased the Stampin Up set Wishing you well.  And unlike most of my purchases I wanted only one stamp in the set...that organdy bow. Now that I have it in my hands, there are a lot of possibilities with all the stamps.


I stamped and masked off the bow first, I didn't want any green under that gorgeous red bow.
To get just a bit of relief from all the white I dry embossed the card base with another SU ef that puts a linen texture onto the card. The sentiment comes from Simon Says Stamp.


 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

9 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The bow is really lovely and detailed. I also like how the card looks over the textured cardbase. Pretty!

Jean said...

That bow is very cool! Great use of it on the card.

Loll said...

I can see why you wanted that bow stamp, Cat! It's really beautiful. Great job masking and creating the wreath behind it. The linen texture adds some lovely texture to your card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Bonnie said...

Love that bow, Cat! Wow! And the wreath is gorgeous too! The bit of texture adds interest without detracting from the wreath! A lovely card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Greta said...

Just my kind of card--gorgeous! Love the wreath & that wonderful bow! The dry embossing is the perfect touch!

Susan said...

A beautiful wreath and the bow stamp is amazing - it looks exactly like sheer ribbon. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Jeanne H said...

What a pretty wreath and the bow is outstanding. I'll have to check out that set! thx

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty wreath and I love your two-toned bow...Another gorgeous card, Cat!

Anita in France said...

What a delicate and pretty wreath, Cat ... perfectly complemented by that fabulous bow! Hugs, Anita :)