Sunday, September 2, 2018

Hello Fall

Hi There -

I still have two flower stamps that need to be used before I'll let myself touch the fall stamps and dies.

To make this feel like fall - I used a good strong orange by mixing orange, red and yellow Arteza Real Brush Pen colors full strength on Bristol paper heat embossed with the Hero Arts Nasturtium stamp.

To add texture, I have several layers on the card - the base, the Avery Elle Cover-plate, some inking, and finally the image mounted on foam tape.  The card also had 3 shades of white card stock also adding to the textural feel.  My sparkle bits are the flat sequins added to the center of the card.



I am adding this card to a couple of challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Fall/Autumn

Just Add Ink - Texture

There was another challenge - but it requires creating an account to use the linking which no doubt will require that the linking company has access to who knows what.  So that one is off my list. 
    

Thanks so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card, great colour work on that gorgeous image, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is an absolute beauty! Fantastic coloring and layering.

Betty said...

those summer flowers look fantastic in autumn colors, Cat!!

Nikki Spencer said...

Lots of lovely whitespace and a pretty pop of colour Cat! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve Nasturtiums! We used to grow them in a big box on the deck - did you know they are edible? I wouldn't try that with these lovely orange ones, however!
Beautiful card... you're almost there!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous blooms, Cat! I love how you placed your focal point over the cover plate and how you created the perfect orange for the flowers!

Anita in France said...

Fabulous white on white texture, Cat ... and such striking, spectacular nasturtiums ... the colours pop brilliantly! Hugs, Anita :)

Lucille K said...

What a beautiful card, Cat. The texture and colors look wonderful :)

Greta said...

Wow--your homemade color is stunning, Cat! Love those sweet flowers & your well-designed card!