Sunday, September 23, 2018

Amaryllis in Blue

Hi There:

One last card for the weekend and possibly for a few days. I have a couple of crafty dates early in the week so I'll probably not get much posted.

When I get ready to color flowers I haven't colored or have seen in real life I check google images. I was surprised to find a blue amaryllis.  Since I am not quite ready for the Christmas cards yet, I jumped at coloring this WPlus9 Amaryllis stamp in blue.



This had to be a one layer card for Less is More Challenge 380.   I stamped and embossed the flower on a folded piece of bristol not quiet square.  I used Arteza markes and a water brush to color the flowers.  Afterwards, I hand drew a frame around the blooms attaching it to the sentiment under the flower.  It kinda reminds me of an art print.


Thanks so much for stopping by.

11 comments:

Greta said...

Wow--blue amaryllis should be the norm! Just stunning, Cat!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty in blue! Who knew! Enjoy your week!

Betty said...

didn't know about blue amaryllis either - lovely card, Cat!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful coloring on your flowers, Cat! Love your one layer card design, too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a pretty blue flower Cat! You stole my one layer loving heart!

Anita in France said...

Beautiful in blue, Cat ... love how you did the sentiment! Spookily, I recently did one in a similar way ... you'll spot it (and probably smile) when you see it next month! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Add me to the long list of those who love how you did the sentiment, Cat! You know, I'm just starting to like blue - you might be the reason why! So very pretty! xx
=]

Jean said...

A fun design! Great card for this time of year.

Izzy Scrap said...

Oh ! I love this beautiful blue bouquet ! Wonderful colouring and I love your hand frame. A gorgeous take on our OLC challenge. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

Cathy said...

This is so pretty Cat, and I love how you've drawn the frame linking the sentiment, looks fantastic, Cathy x

Helen F. said...

Ooohh ~ Amaryllis in blue is so pretty! I'm going to take your CAS design idea and run with it...especially the lovely blue flower!