Sunday, September 16, 2018

Grateful

Hello

Another early morning crafting session with some techniques I rarely use.

I started with watercolor paper.  This new to me Penny Black stamp was colored upon with Tombow markers.  I spritzed the stamp lightly and then stamped it down onto the paper.  I stamped the leafy area first then using the same technique the flowers using an orange and a deep yellow.  I dried the entire image with a heat tool.

Once dry I prepped it with powder so I could clear emboss over the image to give it some texture and protect it. Once the image was clear embossed, I added some broken china distress ink with a brush to add a bit of color to the back ground.  I then spritzed the entire panel with a clear shimmer spray.  Once it dried again, I die cut the panel to fit a square card.  I added a sentiment to finish the card.



I am entering this card to the following challenges :

Muse 282- I was inspired by the loose color of Tracey's blooms
CAS Mix UP for September - stamping with markers, heat embossing, ink blending with a brush, resist, die cutting, and spritzing.
Addicted to Stamps 309 - CAS
Time Out 118- Photo Inspiration - I love the shades of orange and yellow in the photo



Thanks so much for stopping by.

15 comments:

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card Cat, great idea to clear emboss! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is beautiful.
It looks like the flower itself has been pressed onto your card.
xxx

Betty said...

i'm really liking the clear embossing over the stamping that you are doing, Cat - beautiful card

Tracey McNeely said...

Cat this is just beautiful, I love your watercoloured flowers but the technique is so cool! Thank you for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Ardyth said...

Oh, Cat, this is so amazing - I love the artistic look of these. I forget about markers-on-stamp, but the result is so worth it that I may give it a try soon! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

nancy littrell said...

OMG, Cat...Gorgeous marker colored and stamped flower image. I love how you heat embossed your flower. It must be so pretty and shiny IRL. Wonderful soft watercolor wash and square CAS format too. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Cat!! Great job with this technique. I LOVE the beautiful and bright orange flowers and that soft blue background. Perfect colours together. And a wonderful design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Love this tried and true technique and your card!

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card and that image is perfect for the technique. Love the water colour effect and how you did the background. Thank you for joining in at The CAS Challenge with this beauty x.

Joyce said...

This is so very pretty. I really love the look you have achieved with the water spritzing. I always forget to do that. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

conil said...

LOVE the arts look you've created. Just beautiful.

Greta said...

You made a wonderful Fall card, Cat--love it!

Gerrina said...

It is such a fun technique; I love the effect... A beautiful card with a perfect background for your flowers! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Anita in France said...

Just lovely, Cat ... deliciously soft, lightly loose, and so artsy ... the delicate halo of colour in the background is lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Bonnie said...

This is one of my favorite stamps, Cat, and you've stamped it beautifully in these fall colors! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!