Monday, October 8, 2018

Sunflower

Hi there~

I love sunflowers, those big beautiful heads with those lovely yellow petals make me smile.  I think of sunflowers as the end of summer beginning of autumn flower. It signals the season change to me.

Here is a card using mostly die cuts and lots of layers.


I cut the SSS Radiant Sunflower die 3 times. I then colored up the pieces 2 small petal circles, 2 large petal circles, 2 center circles, 2 stems and 1 extra leaf.  After coloring with alcohol markers, I began putting the flowers together.  I cut the leaves and arranged them to better suit my design.  I placed the blooms on to a panel pre cut with a stitched SSS die and a Spellbinders die.  The sentiment also comes from SSS.  All layers were placed on to a brown card base.

I am submitting this to:


The Card Concept 99 - Sunflower Serenade
Simon Says Stamp's Flicker Challenge  #107.

Thank you very much for visiting.

7 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Cat, this lovely card is a stunner! Just love your process of creating the layers of the sunflower. Your shading of the petals added such depth! Beautiful on the piece of b/w background! So glad to see your gorgeous card in the Card Concept lineup. Thanks for joining in the fun!

Betty said...

the background die cut sets off your beautiful sunflowers so beautifully, Cat!

Jean said...

Wonderful combination - great color and texture!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve your gorgeous layers, Cat! That peek-a-boo die-cut from your base panel is fabulous!
I wish I could have arms full of sunflowers from the Farmer's Market each week! One farmer told me the secret to keeping them fresh for much longer... a bit of Hydrogen Peroxide in the water! Works the charm!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh I love sunflowers and your beautiful card!

Susan Powell said...

Love all the layers to your beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Greta said...

Love the sunflowers & your background, Cat!