Friday, October 12, 2018

Hello

Hi There -

If you have been visiting for any length of time you know I love flowers and flower cards. Just because it is fall I have no intention of stopping with the flowers.  I'll simply color them in reds, oranges, and yellows to give a fall feel.

Both cards started out as stamped images on copic friendly paper.  I then colored the images and fussy cut them out.  For the colored card base I found a marker that was remarkably close in color and colored in all the left over white spaces and edges.



I'll be entering this colorful fall card in the Time Out Challenge - Colorful.

 



Although both cards are colored in similar colors, the first one has more of a fall feel to me due to the golden yellow cardbase.  The white still feels summery to me.  What do you think?


The stamps came from Stampin Up, there is one floral image with two shadow sentiments (Hello and Thanks) as well as 2 sentiments and some doodles that would also fit the center plaque area.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Cat, though I love the yellow, I think the white looks just as Fall-ish, just because of those wonderful Mums! Both very pretty... I love your flower cards! Soon it will be Poinsettia time!
=]

Betty said...

both cards are so pretty, Cat - difficult to chose a favorite, but i'm going with the first one just 'cause i love the fall colors so much!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Cat... both of them! Yep, I agree that the first one has a more autumnal feel to it, the golden background does add a cosy warmth to those lovely blooms! The texture on the white background is delicious ... the flowers pop beautifully against it ... and as it's still warm here, I'm enjoying it's summery-ness too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Boy does it make a difference using the colored background! Both are lovely, but my favorite is the fresh look with the white!

Nonni said...

Floral cards are my favorite too! Love the clean look of these cards. Great coloring and I adore the happy looking yellow base! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful Copic coloring, Cat! I also love how you placed the sentiments within your bouquet of flowers...so lovely!

Shona Chambers said...

Isn't it amazing what a difference a different card base colour can make?? I agree with one being more Summery than the other but they are both so gorgeous!! Love the design, especially the geometric sentiment and the colours are stunning. So glad you joined us at TIME OUT!