Friday, October 19, 2018

The Buzz

Hi there

I recently received a box full of gently used stamps and dies from a blogging friend.  I am having fun exploring the box.  Thank you so much Jean.

I have had a hexagon coverplate for ages, it might have been the first one I bought.  I've never done much with it, but discovering a bee themed stamp set in the box got me excited to play with it.



I die cut the hexagons and kept most of the pieces just in case.  Then I stamped and colored the hive and a few bees. They were die cut and I went about putting everything together.  Thankfully I saved those interior pieces. I had glued down the cover plate without them, and the design deperately needed help.  So I put some of the pieces in to act as a landing spot for the sentiment, hive and bees and bee trail.


Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Betty said...

perfect background for you little busy bees - cute card, Cat!

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a darling card, Cat! The background is perfect with some of the hexagons in place & your coloring is great, as always!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very cute! I love that die and how you used some of the inner hexagons. Looks like a versatile die!

I Card Everyone said...

Sweet as honey, Cat!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute card, Cat! I love how you paired the hexie background with your bee themed elements! How kind of Jean to send you some gently used goodies :)

Anita in France said...

So cute, Cat ... fabulous colouring ... those bees look so at home on their little landing spot! Hugs, Anita :)

Jean said...

That cover plate is the perfect addition! Great coloring on this.

Helen F. said...

Sweet card, Cat! The hexagon cover plate looks great with some of the pieces in place~love the 'raw honey' background to those adorable busy bees ;-)