Wednesday, January 4, 2023

01-04-23

 Hello-

Its a bit dreary outside, but it was a joyful time in my crafty space this afternoon.  

This gorgeous bloom is visiting Altenew's January Challenge along with Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge for something new. This is a new stamp set in my stash.



The image (Gracious Peonies) was stamped and colored with:
YG 03, 05
RV21, 13, 14
 
A double layer of the die cut Hello (Flower Arrangement dies) is set upon the fussy cut image adhered to a pink card base. I added a bit of the image to the envelope flap as well. 
 
Inspiration Challenge 2023 01 SQ Opt 2 
 
Its been quite a while since I have felt mojo. I posted fewer than 70 cards last year.  
 
This week after taking several breaks in the last few months, I am again excited to make cards.  
 
Coloring this card, really brought back my love for florals -- which I haven't played with much the past two years.  I'm also trying to tie in the envelopes to the cards as I make them.  Some of you are really great at embellishing the insides and the envies...you all have inspired me to do a bit more. Thank you too for visiting.



14 comments:

Loll said...

STUNNING card and envelope Cat!! LOVE the coloured card base which just makes this so rich with colour. Your colouring is wonderful. So happy you are feeling the love of card making. And we are the happy recipients to see more of your work. Take care. Loll xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a gorgeous cluster of blossoms, Cat, and I love it partially repeated on the envelope!! Perfect with the rich black hello sentiment diecut!!

Marcia Hill said...

Sometimes we all need to take a bit of a break Cat, but it sure hasn't hurt your mojo from where I'm looking...this card is BEAUTIFUL! Your coloring is so pretty and that scripty die cut hello is the perfect finishing touch! LOVE the decorated envie too! You will definitely bring joy and a smile to whoever receives this lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

Jean said...

Gorgeous coloring on the peonies - lovely take on the inspiration image from Altenew. Yay for renewed mojo!

Lisa Elton said...

The pop of black from the sentiment was the perfect choice for the pretty pink blooms! Marvelous card, Cat! You're back, girl!

Leslie Miller said...

Whoa, stop the presses, this is one gorgeous card! Love your new stamp and you colored it so beautifully. The envelope is quite striking, too. I don't do as much inside a card as I used to, but still a little something. I haven't done an envelope for a long time. Shame on me. You're having fun in your stamp room and that makes me happy. Sending hugs!

papierelle said...

When it's cloudy and dreary outside, we make the world colorful at the craft table!!!
Your card turned out beautifully, the flowers speak for themselves!!

HilaryJane said...

Cat, this is gorgeous, it is so wonderful to hear that you are enjoying making your cards again. What amazing peonies and lovely colour xx

Jeanne H said...

A truly beautifully colored flower covered card, Cat. What a great job you've done.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy you have embraced those florals again, Cat! Your skills coloring them are so fabulous! Love these gorgeous peonies - I only wish I could get them to bloom like this in my garden!
=]

Bonnie said...

What beautiful flowers, Cat! I'm happy that you are enjoying making cards again, especially florals!

Greta said...

Oh what gorgeous coloring, Cat! I love that you put the flowers on a matching colored cardstock--love it!

TK said...

Beautiful floral, a great way to inspire and motivate. Love the matching envelope too

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful card!