Friday, January 6, 2023

01-06-23

 Happy Friday!

My friend Peggy sent me some die cuts, and I loved them so much I made 8 cards out of them with some selective ink blending and a pair of snips.  I'm sending the cards to Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

I enjoyed the ink blending until...I wondered if the colors should be dark at the top not the bottom. So I switched up the inking so the silhouette would show better.  After I inked 8 cards I found a sentiment and  stamped it on. I glued on the die cut and the cards were done but not without some oopsies.  

I smudged the inking into the white area at the top of three cards, so I glued a black panel down the side to cover.  My little square card was the result of a black ink pad escaping my grip to jump pad side down onto the lower part of the card and making a huge black diamond shaped ink blotch.  

Thankfully only a screech exited my mouth...no bad words.  So now I am ahead of the game with 8 Halloween cards for this year.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

15 comments:

Bonnie said...

Perfect die cuts and backgrounds for Halloween cards, Cat! Look at you starting on your Halloween stash. I'm impressed!

Greta said...

Fun cards with your gorgeous ink blending! I do like switching the light part to be behind the diecuts! You sure came up with perfect answers to the ink not cooperating! Would never guess these had a problem you fixed!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific ink blending, these are fun!

papierelle said...

Yesterday evening we could really admire a sky in these colors. Great natural spectacle. But your cards look great too!!

Lin said...

Gorgeous ink blending, Cat! What fun cards!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...look at you go girl! Halloween cards already done!! The colors in your blended backgrounds are FABULOUS and look SO good with the silhouettes! Awesome cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Jean said...

Wonderful color choices for the fun Halloween silhouettes!

Diane said...

Oh Cat, I LOVE these, what beautiful ink blending too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}

HilaryJane said...

I just love those blended backgrounds, I am going to have to get my inks out and get blending now. I was looking at them and wondering how you kept the white bits so clean and then read that you didn't, very well rescued. The finished cards are stunning xx

I Card Everyone said...

You had me scratching my head for just a moment, Cat - wait, it can't be Halloween already, can it??? LOL
That Peggy knows what gets your juices flowing, doesn't she? These are all spook-a-licious and adorable!
=]

Loll said...

These colours are gorgeous together, Cat! Beautiful ink blending and I like the colours going both ways. Perfect backdrop for your halloween die-cuts. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, look at that blending! And all good to go for Halloween. You're an inspiration, Cat! I like the colors both ways, but the black really pops against the lighter glow of color. Speaking of black, the black border on the one card is a fantastic contrast!

Darnell said...

Look at you, making Halloween cards already! They are all sensational whether dark up or dark down, Cat, and way to go with your saves! Wait. Are bad words bad? Oops. Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I like the look of each version, Cat - especially the only you "fixed" by adding a black border. Great ink blending!!

Fran Wing said...

Hello, Cat! Recovering from ink blobs and dropped ink pads are the true test of an artist! You recovered well and produced some beautiful cards. I was tempted to tell a "dad" joke and use the word cat-astrophy - oh, whoops I did! Thanks for sharing these with us at Two Old Bats!
Xoxo, Fran/DT