Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Daffodils

Hello -

Its been hard getting to my craft space lately, it's the old sleep thing. My usual crafting hours early afternoon have lately been spent sleeping.  Not sure if its vaccination hangover, my 25hour circadian rhythms or just nonsense. 

Tonight, I got some time in to play in three challenges: CAS Colours and Sketches, Double D Challenges and Inky Paws Challenge.

I recently got the cute daffodils from Newton's Nook, and I thought they might be fun for this card. I colored with copics and then used the matching die to cut them out.



I used some SU designer paper for the background and popped the flowers on top along with a sentiment from the set stamped on a bit of the left over long strip.  The theme at Inky Paws is Thanks and this set had the perfect sentiment and the perfect image for Double D Challenges.

I have made a few slimline cards, but they are so tough to photograph in a square format which I prefer. So when I saw that CAS Colours and Sketches wanted a mini slimline 6.5 by 3.5 inches I immediately saw the value in that shape.  Once you cut your cardbase at 7 x 6.5 with paper oriented in landscape position - you have two pieces left, one strip that can be used for sentiments etc, and a 4 by 4.25 that will make a perfect 4X4 square card!

      


Have you tried slimline cards? Which size is your favorite?

Thanks for visiting.





17 comments:

Jean said...

Perfect combination with the patterned paper! I agree on the issue photographing slimline cards! Haven't tried the smaller slimline size yet.

Diane said...

Beautifully created card, such pretty design and colors! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card! Such a beautiful background for this daffodil image! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Flower" Challenge.

Betty said...

you nailed all three challenges, Cat - perfect background for your daffodils.

papierelle said...

Pretty card!!! The background fits perfectly!!

I Card Everyone said...

Love your sunny little daffodils, Cat, and the paper you've planted them upon!
=]

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Just lovely. Hope your energy gets evened out soon.

Bonnie said...

I like the mini slimline cards better myself, Cat! This is stunning with that decorative paper background and bright yellow daffodils!

HilaryJane said...

I just love daffodils, they always cheer me up and they mark the start of spring. Your card captures that perfectly, so cheerful. Hope your sleep routine settles down soon xx

Darlene said...

Awesome! Daffodils always make me happy ... your card is Fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Flower of the Month’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, your paper and daffodils are a match made in heaven! How pretty! I love the mini-slimline size. I generally like to do square photos, too, and slimline does pose a problem. Occasionally I relent and crop otherwise. Sure do love your card today, Cat!

Greta said...

I like seeing slimline cards & this one is just beautiful, Cat! As far as my own cardmaking, I still like A2.

TK said...

Love your beautiful daffodils, very friendly and warm -- and I do love the mini slimline card, as well!

samantha's cards said...

Your daffodils are fabulous, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

Indy's Designs said...

Oh I love the navy blue and yellow color scheme! Works wonderfully with the daffodil, which you colored beautifully! So glad you were inspired to share with us at Inky Paws!
Hugs,
Debbie

YoonYoung Kim said...

What a beautiful creation! I love the details in daffodils. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

Claire Lamb said...

Wow! What a stunning thank you card! I love the colors you used - they pop right off the page! Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!