Thursday, August 8, 2019

Trees

I  rediscovered a little Pine Tree stamp from Altenew as I was hunting for something to use for  two challenges this afternoon.

The theme at Addicted to Stamps is Holiday, and the theme at Christmas Kickstart is Christmas Trees.  

Darnell of djcardcreations and  Twofer Chard Challenge is the guest elf at Christmas Kickstart so that challenge is asking for a Twofer.



For the blue card, I used only the second stamp of the Pine Tree Set, the one that stamps the darker image.  I heat embossed it in clear then added distress ink over it.  I added the seasons greeting sentiment later in white embossing powder. (the light today won't let that sentiment show! Sorry)

For the green card, I used both the 1st and 2nd layer of the Pine Tree stamp and framed it with a Simon Says Stamp die cut.

    

Thank you so much for visiting.






8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous twofer! Love these dainty cards, Cat, your style is lovely. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart again! Jo x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are great Christmas cards. I love the little trees in the two different arrangements. The blue one looks real icy.

Betty said...

love both of these, Cat - difficult to choose a favorite but i'm going with the blue one 'cause it's so unique!

Darnell said...

Beautiful Christmas designs, Cat! I love all that snowy wintry white with the icy blue background of your snow-covered trees with the white-embossed sediment! Quintessential Christmas! And I love how you placed your trees in your second design so they look dimensional like real trees! Thank you for playing along in Dotty Jo's Kickstart/Twofer challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Those snowy trees are so dreamy against the frosty, cool blue background, Cat ... how different they look on your bold green framed card ... all lush and pine-y! Both beauties ... a delicious twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

I really love your cards, Cat--wonderful use of the tree images!

Helen F. said...

Oh my goodness, I am certain I have this Pine Tree stamp from Altenew!
I'm off to hunt for it so I can CASE your beautiful cards using it, Cat! :-O

Peanut said...

Absolutely gorgeous holiday card, Cat . Love the simple elegance of both your cards . Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha