Friday, August 23, 2019

Happy Holidays

Hello -

I am up to my knuckles in glitter.  I'm doing laundry as well...hope hubs doesn't mind a few sparkles here and there on his laundry.  LOL.  You all know there is no getting rid of it.


I have to thank the gals at CAS Christmas Challenge for my mess. The prompt this month is glitter and apparently I just couldn't do it the easy way with pre-glittered paper or tape. The results in real life are worth it...so sparklie!



I started with several ornament diecuts from Stampin Up.  I added tumbled glass distress ink and some elmers glue then dumped on Nuvo sparkle dust. I also added some to the wreath ornament on the white part only, I needed the center for the white embossed sentiment.  Lastly I took some silver glitter washi tape, placed it on cardstock and cut three ornament tops.  After adhering them all to the card front, I added silver "strings" with a silver gel pen.

We all know photographing glittery things is next to impossible, these are gorgeously sparklie.  I tried getting a bit of that in this up close shot.



Thanks so much for visiting.

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wonderful, glittery ornaments, Cat! I love how you used the Washi tape for the caps. I hope I can remember that next time I die cut ornaments. Glitter and laundry sound like an interesting combination. I haven't seen any glitter in the laundry here, but it's everywhere else! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Dotty Jo said...

Totally gorgeous! Completely worth that extra effort, Cat, Jo x

I Card Everyone said...

Glittery, glamourous, and gorgeous, Cat!
=]

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love the sparkly glitter and the arrangement of the ornaments is perfect!

Greta said...

I do love glitter--in spite of the mess! Wonderful ornaments & card!

TK said...

These are gorgeous, Cat, I'd hang them on my tree any day! Love the die cuts, and the sparkle adds a lot!

Christine Alexander said...

Totally worth the clean up Cat. The glitter has so much sparkle and love that layout of your Christmas ornaments. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Anita in France said...

A little glitter defines a good card maker, Cat ... and these glittery ornaments are just deliciously shimmery and sparkly! You just added a little extra dazzle to your DH's laundry! Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

Glorious glitter and glorious card and so very pretty. Had a chuckle about DH and the laundry x.

Loll said...

This card is so worth your glitter mess Cat! :) LOVE these gorgeous, glittery ornaments. So much sparkle ... along with the gorgeous soft blue. Beautiful design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Jean said...

Yay for glitter! Great holiday card!