Friday, August 23, 2019

Friends are like Seashells

Happy Friday -

I am happy to get some time in my crafty space before the weekend.  Of course College Football starts this weekend, so Saturday there will be no crafting. 

This card is going to Addicted to Stamps and More.  I loved the mood board and I had the perfect stamp, and the perfect recipient for this card.  The stamp set is from Close to My Heart - Treasured Friendship.




I started the card with a blank panel. I added Distress Inks with a blender sponge in Antique Linnen, and Tumbled Glass.  The shell and sentiment were stamped with Hero Arts Soft Graphite ink.  I colored the shell, and did not like how it turned out, so it was an opportunity to give more texture to the card by recoloring the shell and gluing it down over the original stamping.  I found a card base with a similar blue tone to the shell. I trimmed the panel and mounted it to the base. Lastly I added a few dots with gray copic markers around the shell. The stamp comes with a few dots I just added more.



Can you see which of the panels inspired me?   Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

Mac Mable said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mac Mable said...

Great take on the inspiration photo and a great save with the shell. Such a calm and beautiful card with a great sentiment x.

Betty said...

sweet card and love the sentiment too - true for you and me:-)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is very pretty and Beachy. Love that seashell and saying.


So no crafting while you are watching TV?

Greta said...

Beautiful soft ink blending & wonderful sentiment!

Anita in France said...

Serene and lovely, Cat ... a fabulous depiction of that delightful sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Priya said...

Wonderful card that goes perfectly with the photo inspiration.
Thank you joining us at ATSM challenge.
DT Priyadarshini