Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Summer

Hello -

A quick post before I run off and take care of some errands.

I recently bought this adorable Newton's Nook Designs stamp and I had to have a bit of a play with it.

I stamped the stamp twice, once on a bit of masking paper. I masked off the image and used distress inks to ink up a background within my masked off  off-the-edge circle. I then removed the mask over the stamp and colored the image with copics.  I added some dots and shadow under Newton as well.

The sentiment came with the stamp and was white embossed on black.  The entire base was adhered to a Kraft cardbase. This one is going to my Dad.  He enjoys the cat cards.




Both Just Us Girls and Inky Paws Challenge have a theme of Summer.  

         
Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you are not sweltering in the heat.  Have a cool slice!

10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun and adorable card with great masking x. What a great image and a fabulous sentiment x.

Betty said...

another darling cat card - great design and love that cute sentiment! stay cool!

I Card Everyone said...

I think he's going to love it, Cat... and so do I - and now I want watermelon!! lol
What a darling little cameo you've created for that little whisker-snapper!
=]

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Love the watermelon and cat theme. So cute. Great coloring and I like the layout too!

Bobbi Lemanski said...

So sweet. I like the clean simplicity of your card. It draws you right to that cute image. Thank you for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge. We love your card!

Anita in France said...

That gravel grounding for Newton is brilliant, Cat ... and your colouring is fabulous, especially where you've captured the markings along his head! So fun, so cute! Hugs, Anita :)

Indy's Designs said...

What a wonderfully colored and designed CAS card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inky Paws!
Hugs,
Debbie

sue t. said...

I love this CAS summery card! Thanks for playing along at Inky Paws!

Greta said...

Wonderful design, Cat! Love the background you made for the cute kitty cat! I know your dad will love opening this one!

Helen F. said...

Adorable scene you created with Newton eating a slice of melon ~ too darn cute :-p