Thursday, February 17, 2022

02-17-2022

Hello-

Its a nice day here, but I think the cold is coming back soon.  Today I am doing laundry and making a card or two. I was fascinated with the cards at CAS Mix Up Challenge - Faux Cloisonne. I have at least one jewelry piece that is Cloisonne so I had to try it out. I am also linking up at Stampin Sensations -February things with wings or tails.

  


I don't subscribe to any magazines, so I was at a loss.  Then the Costco Connection arrived.  Flipping through it, I found a charcuterie board and thought the section of grapes might work... 

I powdered the page and stamped and cut it out roughly. Then using a piece of double sided tape sheet added a stiff piece of card stock behind it. I stamped with versamark added gold ep and heated it up. Now for me, the magazine paper was very static-y, so in the small spaces the ep was not quite so precise. But I think it looks cool. I fussy cut the dragon fly and finished the card with a center panel on a colored card base. I love this sentiment, that came in a SU set (Flowing Flowers).


 

Here is a close up of the dragon fly.


So I used a die cut, some stamping and the Faux Cloisonne technique for this card.

If you haven't already give it a try, it was fun. 


Please grab our logo

Thanks so much for visiting.

21 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a stunning effect with the fun technique Cat and YAY to the Costco Connection coming through....lol x. The butterfly looks truly amazing x.

Marcia Hill said...

You nailed this technique Cat...your dragonfly is FABULOUS!! And who would have ever known you used grapes behind your embossing??!! It's funny that I just made my card for this challenge today too (not posting till Monday though), so we were definitely on the same wavelength!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderfully CAS, such a pretty card!

brenda said...

Such an elegant Butterfly creation, thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

HilaryJane said...

It is beautiful Cat, it is endlessly fascinating to me how different things look when stamped on top of a picture. If you hadn't said, I would never have guessed they were grapes, so effective. Will have to remember the technique. Lovely to see you in the CAS Mix Up gallery. We are currently in the grip of storm force winds, the noise is terrifying xx

Darnell said...

This is a brilliant piece of cloisonné jewelry, Cat! I love dragonflies which makes this especially breathtaking and I love the new-to-me sediment, too! I would hate to be the person who has to pick the winner this month!! Stay warm! Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

Very creative! Fun technique for a special card.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous looking dragonfly, sounds like such a cool technique, Cathy x

I Card Everyone said...

Cat, I'm seeing a winner here!!! Just amazing the detail you captured with that embossing!
A card is always better than a text - an actual CALL is better yet! Gosh I miss hearing voices - besides the ones in my head - ha!!
=]

Greta said...

It really looks like Cloissone! Great card!

Bonnie said...

You could put a pin on the back of this and have another cloisonné pin, Cat! What a perfect choice of stamp and paper! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

Love your gorgeous and intricate faux cloisonne dragonfly, Cat. So pleased you were able to find a photo that worked so well for your beautiful CAS card. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Leslie Miller said...

Your dragonfly is perfect for the technique with all the lovely detail in its wings. You'd never know those were grapes in the background. It truly looks like a piece of jewelry. I love the sentiment, too. Mail might be slower, but it's infinitely more beautiful than a text.

Barb Ghig said...

Sending a card is ALWAYS better than a text, so I love your sentiment, Cat...especially when it's paired with your gorgeous dragonfly! Great job on the faux cloisonne technique! xx

Susan Joyce said...

Love your dragonfly image and your CAS design. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up.

TK said...

Beautiful! I too struggle with no magazines -- but you've inspired me because I sure don't see grapes, but a gorgeous dragonfly

Loll said...

Beautiful card Cat! Your dragonfly does look like a piece of jewelry. Gorgeous, especially with the bright green card front. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Cat - your dragonfly looks amazing!! You'll have to make a pin out of one - would be a great piece of jewelry!!

Linby said...

Thank goodness for Costco! You've turned part of a page into a work of art. Beautiful embossing work. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

pinky said...

That is so beautiful and what a brilliant sentiment!! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

papierelle said...

Wow, this is stunning!! Your card would also go very well with the current challenge at the dream factory. The theme: A bugs life
https://traumfabrik-challenge.blogspot.com/2022/02/challenge-101-das-gosse-krabbeln-bugs.html