Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Hello in Yellow

Hi there -

This morning I really enjoyed playing with Altenew's Book Club stamp and die.



I stamped it once fully, then just stamped portions of the two flower parts.  All stamped images were gold embossed for some shimmer and to contain the watercolor from Arteza real brush pens.   Once dry, I die cut the pieces.  It was really easy to line up the partial cuts as well.

Once all my pieces were dry, I heat embossed a hello and die cut it to fit into the center portion.  Next, I laid out all the pieces, and put a piece of press n seal over them to keep them in place --the odds of me recreating that perfect bunch is close to infinity.  Lastly, I put strips of be creative double sided tape across the back making sure all pieces were covered; then pulled the protective paper off and adhered the piece to a card front.  I am so please with the way this turned out.

These blooms are going to visit these challenges:

Inspired By
Casology
Addicted to Stamps


 

Thanks so much for visiting!

9 comments:

Betty said...

love the layering in all the pretty yellows, Cat - must get that stamp set out and use it when i get home!!

Lin said...

Gorgeous, Cat - such a happy card with the yellows!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Love this! The yellow is so pretty with the watercolors! Great arrangement. I may get some of the press n seal. I really think it is terrible for kitchen use, but it would help with the crafting!

Kara Lynne said...

Cat, these blooms are so gorgeous! I LOVE how you filled in with more flowers around the frame, and your coloring is wonderful! I love the gold embossing that really creates an elegant look!

Mac Mable said...

Wow this card is stunning Cat. What a fabulous design and what pretty flowers. A very beautiful design and one stand out card x.

Greta said...

I've seen lots of cards using that stamp set, but this is the best! Totally stunning creation, Cat!

I Card Everyone said...

Hello yellow GORGOUSNESS! Doubling that image up was the perfect thing to do - who doesn't need more flowers??
Just a beautiful addition to our IB gallery, Cat!
=]

Darnell said...

You should be pleased with how this turned out, Cat! It is really stunning with your incredible coloring! There are so many designs with blossom clusters and this is an absolute Pinnable new favorite of mine with that circle hello!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

What a stunner, Cat ... the soft yellow colouring is just fantastic ... love the gold embossing, it's so stylish and elegant! Hugs, Anita :)