Thursday, July 18, 2019

A long card

Hello -

Its another middle of the night crafting session.  I had forgotten about a Hero Arts Scramble over at their Flickr group. Fortunately the scramble was extended.  Scrambles are how I started with cardmaking and blogging.

The rules are the hostess provides the parameters for the card, and the participants must use Hero Arts products as the main focus and create, photograph and upload the photographed card to the Flickr site within 90 minutes.  This one took me around 50 minutes.



First I cut my cardbase, its a 7X7 square folded in half to make a 3.5 x 7 inch card. I added some tumbled glass distress ink with a brush to 2/3rds of the card.  After drying it, I added embossed flower bunches. Following that I heat embossed and die cut 3 small butterflies.  I added them to the base and put small pearls in the centers of each of the flowers.  The sentiment was added at the very end.  Thank goodness for the misti.

Thanks for coming by.

8 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your card is so pretty. Love that soft blue. I do not know if I could handle a timed challenge like that. Sometimes I do well with time limits but other times I just flounder. I am surprised that there are still flickr challenges! I didn’t know people still used them!

Betty said...

this is gorgeous, Cat - so delicate!

Mac Mable said...

Yay to the Misti and what a beautiful card and made within 50 minutes....Fabulous and creative x. Such a beautiful card x

TK said...

What a beautiful card, Cat! The flowers appear shimmery, and the beautiful butterflies are perfect in size and effect!

Anita in France said...

Elegant, dreamy and so wonderfully feminine, Cat ... it's gorgeous! I'm in awe that you took this beautiful card from design to completion in just 50 minutes ... wow! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

It's so funny, Cat... as soon as you told me you were on the clock, I read your post as fast as I could - like I was part of the race!! Ha! Isn't the brain da bomb?
It's a beauty! LOve the size, your delicate blending, and OF COURSE the butterflies!!
=]

Joan B said...

gorgeous! I've never heard of a scramble. how fun

HilaryJane said...

I love it, the subtle colour and the shine are just perfect. Sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping but it must be some consolation to be able to produce such a good card when sleep deprived. xx