Thursday, March 21, 2019

Playing with friends part 2

Hello -

This is the second part of  the challenge  Greta put forth to  Betty and me. We were to participate in Hero Arts' National Craft Month challenge. There were 4 criteria, and Greta picked out two. One was to color a flower, and one was to add "real" stitching to a card.



This one is my color a flower.  I used a Hero Arts Stamp and Cut set. Its got the daisy, three bugs, leaves and some sweet sentiments. (DC219)



I stamped the daisy twice, colored it both times, and then selectively cut out some petals.  I added stem and leaves, colored them. I mounted the cut piece on top of the panel stamped and colored daisy. This added dimension and gave that wonderful lush feel that Gerber Daisies have.  I framed it with a photo mat, added a sentiment and a little pollinator.

Greta, thanks once again for a fun challenge.

6 comments:

Jean said...

Great tip on adding dimension to the daisy flower stamp!

I Card Everyone said...

What a great design idea to layer that darling daisy... it packs a dollop of darling to that daisy!
WWCD!
=]

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a fun layout with the photo frame. The bee is super cute!

Greta said...

What a great idea to add some extra petals & your coloring is beautiful, Cat! Boy did you nail our challenge--love this!

Anita in France said...

Lovely, Cat ... the dimension you added with the extra petals is fantastic ... I just want to touch! Hugs, Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Another gorgeous card, Cat! I love how you created dimension for the daisy and your color palette is stunning! Love the polaroid frame, too :)