Saturday, March 23, 2019

Begonia

Hello-

It is Saturday, and I am spending the day catching up on challenges.  Several are due soon and I want to make sure to play along.

Since January I've rediscovered the CAS suite of challenges (stencil, watercolor, Christmas and mixup)  I've come to love these, because I learn techniques and because of due dates, I have to play with that technique.  So it goes from oh that looks fun I'll have to try that sometime (some have been waiting years) to play soon or now.  So thanks Ladies, for the push!


This one is for CAS Watercolor, the challenge is watercolor on Vellum.  I stamped and embossed a begonia and a couple of leaves on some medium weight vellum. Then I turned them over and added color with artesia brush pens.  I bled the color out with a water brush.  Then I waited for it to dry.  I added a second layer of color and water and more waiting.



I wanted a dramatic card and I had quite a bit of warping of the vellum, so I used white card stock covered with stick it and attached the colored images.  I die cut them, and trimmed down the white edges.  I decided how to place the bloom and leaves, then added a gold embossed sentiment to a navy card base. The begonia and leaves were then adhered to the base.  I really love how the color pops on the dark base.

Thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

Betty said...

need to get some good navy cardstock - love the pink on it! i haven't had much luck coloring on vellum 'cause of the warping - guess i'm too fussy!

Loll said...

Your beautiful pink bloom is gorgeous against the navy card stock, Cat! Great design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Bonnie said...

The navy background is so pretty with this bold, beautiful flower, Cat! Nice bright coloring of the flower and the gold embossed sentiment adds elegance! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Greta said...

Striking, elegant & gorgeous! Love this one, my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

I adore navy and pink... and this gorgeous pink begonia fills the bill beautifully, Cat!
=]

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful pink bloom! The navy background makes this card so unique and elegant. Thanks for sharing at the CAS Watercolour Challenge:)

Anita in France said...

Striking and dramatic, Cat ... I do love that bold pink with the navy! Hugs, Anita!

Barb Ghig said...

You did such an amazing job coloring your begonia with your brush pens, Cat! Great idea to use navy blue for your card base, too...it's just perfect in every way!