Tuesday, October 3, 2017

SOS Give Thanks and HLS Oct Watercolor Challenges

Hi There,

Its a bit cool and breezy here at my Dad's in SO Cal. He lives in the desert and today it was a hi of 71 with wind...I think there are maybe 2 months out of the year without wind.  I'd forgotten about my fall allergies while living in Maryland...but I have been reminded with a vengeance.

Two cards today, and both are inspired by two challenges; Give Thanks at Shopping our Stash and HLS's October Watercolor challenge to use watercolor with the option of gold.




I shopped my stash of collected die cuts from bloggy friends. I believe both of these came from Greta. She kindly cut them from bristol.  I used watercolors to drops bits of color on the leaves, dried then then coated them with some clear embossing.  The bigger leaves were embellished with  an additional "dip" of gold embossing on their tips.

A bit of wonderful Monarch Orange Archival ink was sponged along the card sides. The smaller leaves are all attached to a small strip which I gold embossed to tie into my gold embossed sentiment.  The second card got a gold line of versamark marker to emboss a thin gold strip. (much easier than attaching a strip of gold foiled paper) The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.

Grab Our Badge!            

Leaves attached, and the cards are done. Two more for my fall stash!
Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Betty said...

lovely fall cards, Cat - especially love the second one!!

Greta said...

Just can't beat Fall leaves in my book! I did send the leaves for the first card, but don't think the big ones came from me. Glad you're able to do some crafting during your extended CA stay. Sorry you've got allergy problems--didn't think they were such a problem in the desert. Boy are we having some beautiful Fall weather, but we've got wind too which blew lots of evergreen needles into the yard from our neighbor's tree.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such pretty autumnal colours Cat! Love the CAS and gold embossing too . . . classy! Sorry to hear you had bad allergies whilst away, I hope all's well with you now! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Mimi said...

Oh, I can't even pick a fave-- these are both so terrific. Thank you for the CAS inspiration at SOS this week.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Both cards are beautiful, I can't pick a favorite either, love the fall colors on this die cut leaves, the gold embossing looks amazing.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you come and play again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Donna said...

Beautiful, love the colours and the dies!!
Thanks for giving thanks with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous Autumn splendor, Cat! LOve those little C&9th heart-shaped leaves!
=]

Anita in France said...

Such gorgeous autumn colour, Cat ... the gold embossing is fabulous with those delicious leaves! Hugs, Anita :)

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhh these are perfect! perfectly lovely, perfectly CAS and a perfect use of your awesome stash! ♥♥♥

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful watercoloring on these fabulous leaves, Cat! I love how you placed them cascading downward on the 2nd card, but both cards are lovely!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh these are lovely! Note to self... need to find crafty friends who send me die cuts, and especially those cut from Bristol paper! Lovely cards, Cat, and lovely fall colors too! Glad to see your beautiful entry in the HLS Watercolor Challenge!