Thursday, October 12, 2017

Purple and Gold

Hello!

Still in California and using up a few more bits that I have been saving. These come from Greta  and Betty (Thank You so much).

I heat embossed the diagonal striped panel in Gold, then colored the iris's with the watercolor brush tip pens. I fussy cut them out (ya I so dislike fussy cutting...but it was worth it.) and popped a couple in each embossed panel.  Added a Hero Arts sentiment and mounted it on a layer of purple which was also sponged a bit along the edges for added depth and texture. I made two and just changed up the sentiment strip.




Thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

Anita in France said...

Bold, striking and beautiful, Cat ... these are both lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Stunning Cat! I'm with you, so hate fussy cutting, but in this instance it was so worth it! I hope you are having a great trip! Have a great day! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Betty said...

love those iris - beautifully colored and so striking against that background. hope Dad is doing ok.

Lin said...

These are stunning, Cat! I agree, the fussy-cutting took this over the top!

Greta said...

Wow--absolutely beautiful work, Cat! I never thought to use the die cut that way--love it! Trying to talk myself into more fussy cutting so I don't have to buy all the dies, but we'll see if that works--haha!

Jean said...

Fun combination of supplies! Striking colors!

Darnell said...

GASP!! Cat, your iris look so REAL!! You did a brilliant job coloring and fussy-cutting them! I'm gobsmacked completely! The whole design is sensational! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous! I adore the purple Iris... your water coloring has made them come to life, Cat!
=]

beverly said...

Like you I hate to fussy cut, but have to tell you these flowers look real...great job!

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card, I love the pretty color and the diagonal line panel. Great coloring of the iris'.