Friday, October 6, 2017

Another Scramble

Hi there! 
Last Saturday I played in a Hero Arts Scramble. They have taken on a new format. They are all 24 hours now in which the participant gets to choose their own 90 minute window to make photograph and upload to the flickr group their card. 

I was hoping I could play along, I had a sentiment set, two flower sets, and some odds and ends diecut in my travel crafty kit.  Fortunately, the theme Autumn with some metallic element was the theme.

In my envelope of odds and ends I found some copper embossed leaves that were from the September '16 Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit that Betty (our hostess coincidentally) had sent me last year.  I used my hello die along with the leaves to create two masculine feel cards despite the copper/rosegold metallic elements.




Since these had gone so fast and I still had a bit of time left over - one more card. Using the color layering stamp set.  It gives me fits...and I think it needs a new home- anyone interested? 

I always have some open space left which I filled in with dot groupings using fine lined sharpies in coordinating colors.  For my metallic element I heat embossed the bow, the flower centers, and the edges of the main panel,

Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE the simplicity of these designs Cat! I also love the colour you have used, so different! Great idea! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Greta said...

Love the dry embossing for the leaves cards & I'm going to get some rose gold embossing powder in my next order--love the look! Your bouquet card is lovely & as tempted as I am--I'd probably have the same problem with it. I love layering sets, but have 2 from HA I haven't even opened--probably because I'm afraid of not being able to use them very well. We're having wonderful Fall weather--hope the wind dies down there. Wish we could do some crafting shopping together--always fun to see stuff in person, even though I'm on a spending freeze. Hope there are some challenges tomorrow you can play in. Didn't know what companies were doing them or I would have sent you goodies. Big hugs, Greta

Anita in France said...

Cool, masculine leafy cards, Cat ... and a lovely bouquet (I need lots of practice to layer stamp ... you nailed it!) ... you amaze me by creating such delights with just your travel crafty kit! Hugs, Anita :)

lauren bergold said...

sooooooooooooooo impressive that you can make amazing CAS cards ON A DEADLINE!!! (either one of those elements seems to always sink me lol... i shall watch and learn!) ;)

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous cards, Cat! How lucky could you get that you had the metallic elements with you...All three cards are so pretty and perfect for the Scramble theme!